Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Ted Richards has been ruled out for a further two weeks. He will miss the Gold Coast and GWS games.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-05-30/richards-ruled-out

Gee

That's a worry for Richards.

The next concussion might be his last (as a footballer).

Might be one year too much for Teddy.

It was a great mark where he got the concussion, but it's a heavy toll to pay

Sydney was desperate for a KPD the last 2 years, exacerbated by Malceski going to the Suns... They offered Teddy an extra year i think just to keep the experience down back.

• Like 1

Collingwood's (and my) biggest worry this week is that they might have to pick Travis Cloke...

At least the team played 2 good games before they got him back

Rumour is Melbourne is interested in him

Do I hear the zing of the fishing line? thumbsup.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

I went to every game in 1984 and we won only one with a goal 1 min before the final siren against the dogs who had been leading all day.

You have NO idea what suffering is....just ask Saint Kilda, Footscray, Melbourne, North Melbourne up until the mid 70s, Swans until Roos took over as coach....no god dam idea what suffering is.

https://youtu.be/Bxauqa7rJgI?t=50s

Collingwood's (and my) biggest worry this week is that they might have to pick Travis Cloke...

Not all Rip.

Demons will need to replace Hogan when he goes to freo. Travis fits the bill for a year or two

• Like 1

Not all Rip.

Demons will need to replace Hogan when he goes to freo. Travis fits the bill for a year or two

I think Trav would be seriously considering his future. At 236 games and struggling in the VFL, would he make a grab for some extra coin and a few more games in lieu of being a one-club player? I think he'll struggle to crack 250. What other, better value key forwards might be available to Melbourne?

Not all Rip.

I think Trav would be seriously considering his future. At 236 games and struggling in the VFL, would he make a grab for some extra coin and a few more games in lieu of being a one-club player? I think he'll struggle to crack 250. What other, better value key forwards might be available to Melbourne?

I wonder if Freo will make a play for him as a stop gap player for a few years.

Is currently on $800 000 a year and contracted until the end of 2017.

Apparently has clauses in his contract which he hasn't met which will reduce next years salary to about $400 000.

If he does change clubs, it will be a massive reduction one would think.

This is assuming they don't get Hogan next yeargiggle.gif

• Like 1

Not all Rip.

Apparently has clauses in his contract which he hasn't met which will reduce next years salary to about $400 000.

Freo wont want Cloke. they have Bennell and Cam McCarthy is a done deal. Hogan in 2018. Freo looks okay up forward.

Cloke is off to Melbourne...or Brisbane if Adelaide keep Josh Jenkins.

• Like 1

Not all Rip.

Freo wont want Cloke. they have Bennell and Cam McCarthy is a done deal. Hogan in 2018. Freo looks okay up forward.

Cloke is off to Melbourne...or Brisbane if Adelaide keep Josh Jenkins.

Wise cracks and all....be a fool to think the big Cloke is past it, got to be fair the ball wasn't coming up the forward line in any hurry while he was playing in the 1ns, and we already have a power forward in Daws who most likely will be come obsolete at seasons end unless he can pull off a miracle so theres Freo's big chance on a cheap youngish forward who still has a chance to come good.

Freo can have Hogan, what I've seen of him this year giving him a million a season i would burn my membership if i still had one.....we have plenty of avenues to goal rather spend it on someone who can play like franklin, but, he wont be going anywhere and he's going to get that big fat pay packet and in a few years when his dropped to the 2s we will be writing about it here.

• Like 1

Lost by 48 points and they're stoked

You know your side's struggling when they regard a 48-point loss as a really good effort. Such is the case with the Lions' coach and leading players boosting themselves after the Hawthorn game.

Mind you, any sort of effort would be commendable after their no-show against Collingwood. I attended that game and left at three quarter time. Most of the previous two quarters I'd spent reading my Kindle. It was awful. The worst performance I can remember by any team in the VFL/AFL.

I'm in Thailand now and won't see any more games this season. I doubt I'll be signing up again for the next.

How long can a club get away with saying they're a young side and things will pick up? The Lions have pushed this line for 10 years and it's wearing very thin.

How long can fans expect to be patient? I used to wonder what it was like to be a long-term St Kilda supporter with so little to show for it. I guess you just expect to lose and enjoy the better moments. Actually, I'm OK if my side loses as long as they make an effort and display some skills, but if they're just not up to AFL level and appear to be lazy and stupid as well, as the Lions did against the Magpies, then it's hard to keep the faith.

Oh well, one never knows what's around the corner. Sometimes it just takes one good game to turn things around.

PS. Of course the AFL hasn't helped football in Queensland with its stupid decision to set up another club on the Gold Coast, but I've already ranted about that (last year?) so I won't go on.

As Croc said your taken 3 flags within the last 15 ys a lot better effort than that ordinary team St Kilda, the Dees, Bulldogs and a few others.

You dont know what suffering is...try 2 grand final play offs since 1964 walloped in both and record GF score in one...Saints 1 Flag and made 3 others, 70s and 80s they owned the bottom spot on the ladder with us and only 12 clubs in those days.

Demons the worst ever team up until this year form since 2006.

Its always the board....they cut Voss just as he was getting somewhere, sat on the back of the triple cups and stop doing being proactive, good clubs bounce back fast.

Also true GC shouldn't have been created, 16 clubs is about all the comp can handle 14 was all that there should be.

I went to every game in 1984 and we won only one with a goal 1 min before the final siren against the dogs who had been leading all day.

You have NO idea what suffering is....just ask Saint Kilda, Footscray, Melbourne, North Melbourne up until the mid 70s, Swans until Roos took over as coach....no god dam idea what suffering is.

Well you and Old Croc are both right. I haven't forgotten the glory days and I can remember them being last in 1998. However I'm talking about now and the past few years. The Collingwood game was really the pits. You had to be there to know how bad they were. Yet the club had been talking up this year no end and I think there was some belief that they'd move up. And they still might.

I've had my grizzle and that's that. I won't give up on them. And bugger the AFL.

Edited by Xangsamhua
  • Like 1

Last night on AFL360 Robbo and Gerard Whately talked about the NAB Rising Star nominees and Callum Mills , from the Sydney Swans.

Callum hasn't been nominated yet, and is one of Gerard's favourites. They talked about putting some money on Callum at odds of $18 on last nights show... This morning he has dropped to $7.50

https://youtu.be/ONMlYRzkwmE?t=2m33s

post-147205-0-16599300-1464826608_thumb.

Saints have a problem, a problem every club wishes they have. Saints Senior list is 100% injury free. This week we have to find a game for 4 players and where will they play?

Saints AFL affiliated team Sandringham, allows for 14 saints players. Freeman the broken down horse the saints took from Collingwood in last year's draft for a 2nd round pick has broken down and out for the year without even playing a game. He will be delisted at the end of the year. Freeman makes room for 1 at Sandringham but where do the other 3 fit in?

Do the saints rest them or does Sandringham drop 3 saints draftees trying to break into the senior side to make way for the senior listed players? Does Sandringham drop 3 of thier players back to their eserves to make way for saints players to get games under their belt?

• Like 1

The Dees have a long history of putting all their eggs in the Full Forward basket and flopped each time,remember "Diamond' John Tillbrook, Kelvin Templeton etc.

The game is totally different to the days of Hudson ,Lockett and Dunstall.and IMHO full forwards are not the factor they once were,

In this case i assume its about marketing, as was Locket and later big bad Barry, a la Franklin as well....Sydney need it and i guess so do everyone else, if you look at other codes the fact they have a big drawing player in the squad added to bums on seats though here they want you to watch it on tv and give lip service to actual crowds then of course its memberships and sponsorships etc etc, i hot to trot forward wont win you many games especially the big ones good example is North...now i ask you WHO'S in that team? yet there performing purring along nicely with out an Abblet or a Franklin or a Dustin Martin.

St Kilda submitted proposal to divide AFL teams into three conferences. ST KILDA urged the AFL to split the competition into three NFL-style conferences as part of a bold fixture revamp.

The Herald Sun can reveal the Saints made the radical submission in 2013, one year after the AFL expanded to 18 clubs, to help kill tanking debate and grow supporter interest.

The AFL acknowledged they presented some interesting points and remain open to an Americanised model.

SCROLL DOWN TO SEE WHAT AFL CONFERENCES COULD LOOK LIKE

The idea formed part of a written submission on the future of the competition and was sent to league heavyweights in 2013,

The Saints plan eliminated the major sticking point in the 17-5 model an unknown fixture for the final five rounds but was not detailed beyond the framework.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/st-kilda-submitted-proposal-to-divide-afl-teams-into-three-conferences/news-story/e1775442d54f16aa93dd062c9da91da5

• Like 2

Well sailor boy you got your wish the big man is in...and that forgotten former Collingwood player has appeared in a forward pocket for the Demons and my man Jack T moving into the mid to cover for Jack V, we got a few Jacks in the box in delightful land these days, well let me say this Daws inclusion in the past has been a nightmare though with the luxury of an improving squad of players hopefully this time his ready for some action....last time couldn't run or kick more than 10 meters...

Daws has the writing on the wall....the Modona has appeared in the long room at the G and clearly written in blood red, time to earn your pay packet son, 4 years of hugh medical bills its time for a return, Gabriel the favourite angle that sits on the right hand side off god sent a text message saying...forget the Saints its the Demons we want to prosper, waved his magic wand over the big forgotten power froward head and said these words ...."Go forward and ruffle up some feathers on the morn"

This wee

Well that was magic....i pressed something for it to post....No foot in mouth predictions this week, i keeping quite, and i see that post of yours above mr Chooks....hey the Saints stole it from me, i been saying for years the model we have stinks...

We should be creating many winners and that means $$$$ the American system of conferences does that, to lesser degree so does the round ball game, we sooooo back wards here we still have steak and 3 veggies for dinner.

Any new rules this week i may have missed since any AFL news i automatically tune out of....

Well that was magic....i pressed something for it to post....No foot in mouth predictions this week, i keeping quite, and i see that post of yours above mr Chooks....hey the Saints stole it from me, i been saying for years the model we have stinks...

We should be creating many winners and that means $$$$ the American system of conferences does that, to lesser degree so does the round ball game, we sooooo back wards here we still have steak and 3 veggies for dinner.

Any new rules this week i may have missed since any AFL news i automatically tune out of....

current poll shows the majority are in favour of leaving the system as it is.

We of course that is the reaction one would expect, not gonna put down HS readers it would apply across the board, Humans and to be more precise Australians like everything left alone, were scared of the unknown, most of us dont have much of a brain for forward thinking, just take building, the arguments people put up for a development in there street...yet new developments are happening and and there improving values in those streets.

The average aussie wants to live in a Victorian or Californian bungalow, eat meat pies for breakfaster lunch and tea and lets not forget drive that famous Australian car the Holden that an American company owns, they want everything to stand still, everything, but change has been forced upon us and we have adapted no one died and wo behold people took to the new ever expanding comp with a gutso...... Fidel Casto, Stalin, Mao would be laughing at us....

We of course that is the reaction one would expect, not gonna put down HS readers it would apply across the board, Humans and to be more precise Australians like everything left alone, were scared of the unknown, most of us dont have much of a brain for forward thinking, just take building, the arguments people put up for a development in there street...yet new developments are happening and and there improving values in those streets.

The average aussie wants to live in a Victorian or Californian bungalow, eat meat pies for breakfaster lunch and tea and lets not forget drive that famous Australian car the Holden that an American company owns, they want everything to stand still, everything, but change has been forced upon us and we have adapted no one died and wo behold people took to the new ever expanding comp with a gutso...... Fidel Casto, Stalin, Mao would be laughing at us....

We could have a conference system like all the major Soccer Leagues worldwide have...

oh, hang on a minute

We could have a conference system like all the major Soccer Leagues worldwide have...

oh, hang on a minute

Don't get him <deleted> started...

• Like 2