Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

8 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Trade period finished.

North nothing,nada.

Someone forgot to tell them no time like the present.:sad: 

Saints picked up 1, some guy by the name of Austin Logan who I have never heard of, apparently a fringe player at Port.  Cost 4 picks, 59 and 63 in this year's draft and 2 third round picks in next year's draft.  Off loaded those picks we probably wouldn't use anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Trade period finished.

North nothing,nada.

Someone forgot to tell them no time like the present.:sad: 

Damn!!!  Norf couldn't offload Lindsay Thomas.

As for Carlton's trades, do you think Radar gibbs a toss?   He can take his poncy little man bun and eff off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Complaints to police by victims are very common in instances like this and domestic assaults when emotions are running high.   Then, when things cool down, a request is made for the case to be dropped.   As long as there is no ongoing physical or emotional injury, the police may consider the matter settled.   Chook may be able to update us on the current standing orders.

Not surprising if some business deal in a parking lot has been brokered to compensate for any hurt inflicted.   Also amusing that if she didn't squeal to the cops in the first place, only a limited number of individuals would have been privy to the pics.    Instead, with all the publicity, the whole goddamn cyber world has oggled at her substantial rack. 

I'm not blaming the victim though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Complaints to police by victims are very common in instances like this and domestic assaults when emotions are running high.   Then, when things cool down, a request is made for the case to be dropped.   As long as there is no ongoing physical or emotional injury, the police may consider the matter settled.   Chook may be able to update us on the current standing orders.

Not surprising if some business deal in a parking lot has been brokered to compensate for any hurt inflicted.   Also amusing that if she didn't squeal to the cops in the first place, only a limited number of individuals would have been privy to the pics.    Instead, with all the publicity, the whole goddamn cyber world has oggled at her substantial rack. 

I'm not blaming the victim though.

You answered the question.  Things like minor assaults when a drunk walks into a station to report you would take photos and details then ask them to return when sober and rational.  99% never returned or want to proceed.  This case probably had the same outcome.  She may have to sign a statement of no complaint or police can leave it pending.

The AFL Integrity unit is apparently taken up the investigation.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/25/06/59/topless-afl-medal-investigation-closed?ocid=social9news 

Edited by Thechook
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 6:34 PM, Thechook said:

It's a no from me.22448200_883853518457561_7965617300375923974_n.jpg

No.   A can of worms that could wreak havoc on Junior Football

Geez!  I’m glad I’m not a kid growing up these days.

Can’t get on any sort of personal wheeled transport without wearing a helmet.

I know its safer,,, but,, imagine growing up without feeling the wind blowing through your hair.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Richmond's Nathan Broad has been suspended for the first three games of the 2018 season.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-30/richmond-player-nathan-broad-named-over-topless-photo/9098712

Pretty light sentence really.  The girl was a friend of his so it won't be long before her identity comes out now that he has been named

• Like 1

The IphoneX is released to day in AU...be the first in Thailand to own one....seen as a status symbol a mear $1800 plus for the 264gig...imagin how many pics ur TGF can store on it....and she will love you for another year....be quick i can pick one up and post it to you for the postage only plus of course the phone...this is my present to you....spreading the love around...sim sala bin....

The Crow drain may continue....Patrick then Leave it to beaver now Rory Salone a Melb boy is a restricted free agent...im sure the Saint will want to jump on the wagon early...says today in the little big paper the tired and true response when asked of his intensions...."i wont put a time line on my decision about my future".....

Meanwhile Tex and the mrs are holidaying in the Maldives....pretty good hey considering they didn't win the flag....Melb gun Christian was snapped in Vegas with a couple of mates one might have been the delisted Kennedy, I'm not impressed kid...that is the den of evil....J Roughead has been snapped at a Chelsea Vs Arsenal game in London...Ryan Schoey and pretty Gf in a bikini at Carla Figuera cap des Moro beach.....Jaeger :Im always injured" Omera is seen in Greece slaving over a plate of what looks like Italian antipasto as the sun is setting over the distance...a very romantic pic indeed...but who was he with?...Ben Riedy and Gf @ Aitutaki beach nice to know these young fellas know how to treat there women to a romantic holiday...but you Christian......Will Langford on a wet English day at the races....Liam Shiels with short GF at Camp Nou stadium in a Barcelona T-shirt....and she wearing his Barcelona hat...Barcelona may soon find it dont have a completion to play in if independence goes through...there are 2 or 3 other Caitlin clubs in the Spanish first div as well who will find them selves homeless.....Touk Miller who ever you are in San Francisco's Fishermans Wharf snapped on a cable car....that smile makes him look like a ,,,,vampire...Peter Write at Wrigley Field think its the Chicargo Cubs on holiday with his mate.....Howie38 i assume its the ex Dee in Croatia with what look like a group of serbian terroists....Sam Kerridge went all the way up to Mildura on the Vic NSW border...that looks like a Dee emblem on his white polo neck T-shirt i never heard of him.....Ahhh the plot thickens....Tom Mitchell also snapped in Greece..so thats who Jagger was hiding in the romantic pic....My man Jess "incredible " Hogan at Finns Beach Club still on a low salary at the Dee's I'm guessing...looking like one of JoBlows mates that trawls Cottleslow beach at sunset...J Gunstone looking out of place in a Piazza in Rome...needs a fashion adviser especially in Italy...Brodie Grundy is in Italy....looking the macho italian type bare chested on a boat to bad about them misshing teeth should learn not to smile so broadly..Dan Mcstay is in Cancun with 3 mates...i been there....Tom Rockcliff is in hospital with wife and new baby....the mrs is very pretty considering what she's just been through...Angus Bradshaw is in Meletos...thats in Greece Jo along with J Viney big Macdonald and i dont recognise the other two with out there Dee jumpers on...Chad Winged is at Ares Rock...D Thomas made it all the way to Sydney Harbour bridge....haha Tom Bugg...no idea where he is but its in a bar ....

Injured 3some Nathan Freeman Paddy McCartin and Hugh Goddard are expected to hit the ground running when pre season starts again...this should bring a smile to the officer depth depth depth is what its all about...

WILL and Jo will be happy with the new Eagles emblem looks a lot like a Hawk to me...a menacing bird it is indeed...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

The IphoneX is released to day in AU...be the first in Thailand to own one....seen as a status symbol a mear $1800 plus for the 264gig...imagin how many pics ur TGF can store on it....and she will love you for another year....be quick i can pick one up and post it to you for the postage only plus of course the phone...this is my present to you....spreading the love around...sim sala bin....

Superb Alex:clap2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Superb Alex:clap2:

Thank you master WILL.....i had been intending on getting the new X until the previous iPhone decided to leave the planet...it was beamed up to scotty land so i purchasing the 7 i am now so grateful of its demise and the purchase of the 7 because it saved me a staggering $500...nothing to sneeze at is it? I can live up country for a whole month on that....Right next door to you....if you give me your address i will bring along with me the Eagles new jumper....

• Like 1

Thank you master WILL.....i had been intending on getting the new X until the previous iPhone decided to leave the planet...it was beamed up to scotty land so i purchasing the 7 i am now so grateful of its demise and the purchase of the 7 because it saved me a staggering $500...nothing to sneeze at is it? I can live up country for a whole month on that....Right next door to you....if you give me your address i will bring along with me the Eagles new jumper....

I thought the whole thread was superb, not just the piece I highlighted.

Was just trying to save some space.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

I thought the whole thread was superb, not just the piece I highlighted.

Was just trying to save some space.

WILL is starved for entertainment up there on the ranch....5 more months before the footy starts again.... can you plz mentor Jo he needs to brush up on his tipping and fantasy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top of 14 degrees today for the Melbourne Cup, woke to see drizzle and winter like weather...heater is on and who wants to go outside? i do because i pulled my fence down yesterday and wanted to start building a new one today...

So its get the paper out and search for the latest gossip...and wasn't to hard to find...Jamie Elliot that gun Pie forward has been arrested for being drunk and peeing in a rubbish bin...how polite of him was in Fj's back yard to...yep over there at North Melb...near the funky railway station..happened sunday morning and got off with a $634 fine...

More on the IphoneX that no one took up my offer...Timmy Cook he's the C%O of Apple recons the $1600 phone (the cheaper one of the two) costs less than a cup of coffee a day over 2 years...Tim should get back to reality who buys a coffee everyday when you can make a better one at home and cheaper not only that who's on $500,000 plus bonuses that catches the 8 am train to the office everyday? Not me not Jo not Will...maybe Fj since he jets all over the world for work...

Melb Victory is in trouble .....return of some good players that won them the cup a couple of years ago, some good signings and only just scraped home for a point last night...2 losses 3 draws in 5 games...3 points from a possible 15...the axe should be ready to fall on Kev Muscat....im highly critical of Kev...there is no intelligent game play from his team there very predictable every forward move is a carbon copy of there last...i was going to get foxtel now to watch Victory this year but opted for Netflix instead....There worst start to a season even i like Kev for being the captain of a couple of premiership years and coach of a flag...hes had his time..time to go...stale after 4 seasons in the job.

Socceroos touchdown Honduras....snub local press....didnt go down well either....the Aussies are in trouble and I'm predicting a 3-0 drubbing the Sth Americans wont loose at home Ange has lots the plot and a few of the players, it would be a sheer miracle for us to make the World Cup, as reported Ange big head P has changed the way we play, the Sth American style will surly make mice meat of us...

Freo's Michael Johnson appeared in a Perth court for punching a school teacher at a kebab shop convicted and fined $4500... plus compo on the victim .....nice one....Well Mick walked into the shop dropped his pants...the victim pulled out his smart phone and recorded it on vid, Mickies wife asked the victim if he recored the incident all at 3 am in the morning mind you..who is out at this hour? he the victim said yeah and just for some friends to send to...the wife then snatched the phone and walked out with it followed by the thoughtless victim, as a hand of the group of victims touched the wife shoulders Mick landed a few blows to the teacher and his mate...next we know were in court..."i didn't know what was going on i could have punched him harder said Mick it was just to get him away from my wife" he said in defence...when morons collide at 3 am....

Jack the forgotten Trentgrove of the Dee's has been picked up by the Power as un listed free agent, my mate from Willie recons he's just a good VFL player, returns home...was once a captain and looked very good in his first few years, Port now has the two highest draft picks of the Dee's of a few years ago 1 and 1 as Scully was a priority pick.....

You're working beautifully AlexRRR.

Talk about cold weather and jet setting Alex,just back from flying with the eagles in Turkey,my Thailand sun loving body didn't handle the zero degrees mornings at all well,hopefully the weather will be better in the Philippines next week.

The brightest note to come out of my trip was reading Thomas(North) had been delisted and Swallow is almost at the GCS's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

I bet Chooka spat the Coco Pops out when reading this.

Paddy power on show as big Saint smashes PB

FORMER No.1 draft pick Paddy McCartin has been a day one standout at St Kilda training, smashing his personal best in the club's 3km time trial. 

McCartin, Jack Billings and time trial winner Ed Phillips were all particularly impressive as the Saints' first to fourth year players returned at Seaford. 

McCartin, 21, has had a chequered start to his playing career, with three separate concussions in 2016 and one in the VFL in July stalling his progress. 

He has played just 22 senior games in three seasons, but on Wednesday he made a statement about his readiness for the 2018 season. 

"Some guys went above and beyond those targets like Ed Phillips at the front, as well as Paddy McCartin and Jack Billings," high performance manager Matt Hornsby told the Saints' website. 

"For Paddy to run a fairly significant PB is a really good indication that he continued the work he did at the back end of the season when he wasn’t able to play during the off-season – it has translated into a really strong performance today.” 

If the waste of space can stay on the field for more than one quarter I might give him a minute of my time.  He hasn't played 22 games, maybe named in 22 games but if you calculate the amount of time the useless thing has played it would equate to about 3 games tops.  I'II bet my first born the first game he plays in 2018 he will be out in the first 10 minutes with concussion

• Haha 1

Melbourne in a rare run of warm weather, 31 today expected top tomorrow of 32 with the previous several days in the mid too high 20's...those first few days of heat here kind knock ya out after coming out of a 8 month winter...in fact all week will be cooler but will feel like summer has arrived...

What do you do Mr Fj that takes you to ummm seemingly backwards countries? Most of the Thai women i know would have loved to have joined you in Turkey with temps around zero...they would have liked to snuggle up in the tent with you...

The human hair mop has revealed he is taking the international series seriously that he is training with an amateur soccer club in Spain...Was the star of the show in the international test against Ireland ,  Aussies win in Crow heartland ....gee's i didnt even know it was on this year...

Paddy McCartin youngest bro is in the mix for the AFL draft, snare a bargin at the draft table Saints...after every top midfielder gave them the cold shoulder last season, plays at the Geelong Falcons is also looking for a long term contract at an AFL club...young bro like older bro...missed the entire 2016 season as well as  the preseasons of 2017, impressive shot up from a small 182cm defender into a 193 defender last season, Paddy counciled Tom during his long lay off, meanwhile a confident Paddy says he like to extend his contract at the Saints wants to repay the faithful and lets not forget he was the first pick in way back in 2014, sizzling best in time trails back on day one of preseason the gun forward is ready for a big year...that half a million contract is up for grabs....only 21 the world is his oyster or the Saints his cash cow....

Kev Muscat would be feeling the warm glows of summer as well...the softly softly bow touch of Victory management is now firmly pointing his way a further 2 points loss rather than a one point gain..... 4 from a possible 18,  this time against the Roar, of course several players away on Socceroo duty is not an excuse, Arnold once said when he looks for players he doesn't offer internationals a contract...Kev should take note, Arnold won the flag last season....now almost seemingly impossible to Finnish first in the home and away season and with the squad at his disposal the knifes would be getting sharpened....

Socceroos actually played rather well in Honduras saturday morning, i had expected a more magical game from the Sth Americans leading to a 0-0 draw, be warned away goals are worth 2 they did need to score to be fairly certain to qualify  it would be sheer madness to think they could hold Honduras scoreless in Sydney again. The FA hired a top line airliner to fly the team home, it was a flying physio, every trick in the book was used to warm down the team, and why not? its worth millions to make the world cup the $255,000 it cost to hire the Qantas jet plus other gadgets to help adjust with time difference would be an investment.

In other world cup qualifier news the unthinkable could happen...Italy a European heavyweight is looking at not qualifying Sweden won 1-0 at home to score again in Milan would mean the Azzurri would need to find 3 goals....this is unheard of and could bring down Ferrari, Fait, Alfa Romeo and that world renown scooter that Thais love so much the Vespa....not to mention the seas would rise over Venice and swallow it all up, Mt Vesuvious will erupt and swallow Pompii again.....

On the IphoneX front there are no worries there, the swillion of bucks you need to own the status symbol isn't holding anyone back...im sure Fj owns one id say WILL is an android lover and my man Jo would be a smart savy new nokia owner...tried true and simple...people camped out to get one...i should have some free time coming up later this week and will venture on down to one of the telcos stores to see what all the fuss is about, i myself and its no secret own an iPhone and many apple gadgets have a worry, the latest major updates caused my 7 to do  amazing things like couldnt turn the volume up or down couldnt turn the loudspeaker on, internet disappeared  ho lately the phone comes alive while laying on a table prompting me to punch in my 6 diget code to bring it to life....it annoyed me so much i would need to turn it off then back on for things to work.....ummmm, sometimes when a business gets to a certain stage of evolution they forget what got them there...I did buy a samsung J7 Prime Pro on my last visit to BKK, brand spanking new latest model because its a duel sim phone so tired am i swapping sims when i need to phone home...yes my daughter has my back up old iPhone and wont give it back, so i brought this j7, moves quite nicely around i kinda like it though its hard for an old brain to adapt to something new and foreign, was a bit of an effort to find an app for notes where i can put it on my pc and show up on the phone then omg the music...what a clumsy system android has...anyway now the Jobs has departed Apple maybe coming to an end of an era the quality of updates is a thing of the past, they Apple have rushed out 2 updates to fix the dam thing almost back to normal except for when it wants to come alive on my desk...That Samsung is looking good and it might be my future sim sala bin...

• Like 2