Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, Ron19 said:

Former Docker Shane Yarran has been found dead in his Seville Grove home.

Police were called to the home just after 4pm on Friday.

It's understood officers found the 28-year-old dead at the scene.

His death has not been deemed suspicious, and a report will be prepared for the State Coroner.

Yarran joined Fremantle in 2015 and made his debut for the club in round 18 of 2016.

Yarran played six games with the Dockers before off-field dramas prevented him from playing the entire season.

He made a quiet return to the game this year, and was playing for the WA Amateur Football League C1 grade team Gosnells. He was due to play this weekend.

He was last seen by media outside Armadale Magistrates Court, after he entered a not guilty plea to a charge of attempted aggravated home burglary with intent.

Yarran was a dual premiership player with the Subiaco Lions in 2014 and 2015 and then again in Dockers alignment team Peel Thunders' historic flag-winning team in 2016.

Sad and I bet drugs had something to do with it...this isn't the platform for it and my suggestion wont reach the light off day, legalise  drugs is the only way that it can ever eventually be brought under control...

4 hours ago, Radar501 said:

What is AFL? explained with Thai subtitles.  It's such a basic game for your teerak to understand, chai mai krap?

"The magnificent Melbourne Cricket Ground"  got lost a bit in translation.

One former TGF enjoyed going to the G and gorging on a bucket of chips in winter....

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Bloody McCartin cost us another game, the useless tool.  Come on saints off load this waste of space.

I can't off load him out of my fantasy as i have lots doing worse.:smile:

I think Saints are using him wrong,he's an old fashioned open it up and lead from the goal square player.

In saying that Bruce and Membrey are far better at doing that.

<deleted> my brown dog, Eddie's call ruined yesterday's West Coast/Carlton game.

You always expect a bit of bias when you travel but it was disgraceful.

He should just stick to hosting shows which he's pretty good at.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2018 at 9:47 AM, Will27 said:

<deleted> my brown dog, Eddie's call ruined yesterday's West Coast/Carlton game.

You always expect a bit of bias when you travel but it was disgraceful.

He should just stick to hosting shows which he's pretty good at.

Well so much for the experts tipping Eagles would be suffering this season....and of course the red hot favs by my mate Cornes is stuttering along just awful...everyones favourite Bugg has been omitted for kicking a host of behinds......telling you he's been played out of position, with the worst defence in the comp Bugg often pulled in 100 points in fantasy playing off the backline....no need to be able to kick straight down there....

You might have a complex there WILL.....he is an ok caller, mooroned way up in the desert sands of Udon all you got to kick around is an empty plastic soft drink bottle....buy yourself a new telly with surround sound, you know move into the 00, instead of cricket and wild insect sounds you will get a better sound out of the telly.... 

Edited by AlexRRR

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well so much for the experts tipping Eagles would be suffering this season....and of course the red hot favs by my mate Cornes is stuttering along just awful...everyones favourite Bugg has been omitted for kicking a host of behinds......telling you he's been played out of position, with the worst defence in the comp Bugg often pulled in 100 points in fantasy playing off the backline....no need to be able to kick straight down there....

You might have a complex there WILL.....he is an ok caller, mooroned way up in the desert sands of Udon all you got to kick around is an empty plastic soft drink bottle....buy yourself a new telly with surround sound, you know move into the 00, instead of cricket and wild insect sounds you will get a better sound out of the telly.... 

Alex, I can take biased commentary up to a point, but this was shocking.

Unless, you heard it, it's hard to comment.

West Coast fans say Eddie McGuire was too pro-Carlton in Fox Footy commentary

Eddie McGuire is under fire for being too pro-Carlton.

The claim took off on Twitter after Saturday’s clash between the Blues and Eagles at the MCG, where McGuire was in the commentary box.

Carlton surprised most experts and fans by pushing West Coast all the way, ultimately falling 10 points short of a huge upset.

But Eagles fans weren’t happy about the enthusiasm for the losing team from the commentary team of McGuire and Dermott Brereton.

Channel 7’s Tim Watson said this morning he watched the game on TV and would have been “outraged” if he was an Eagles fan.

He said the callers fell into a trap of talking up the underdog too much.

“You think one side is a lot better than the other side so you tend to think of all the reasons to build up the side you think is inferior,” Watson said on SEN.

“A lot of people are saying that commentary was biased towards Carlton — the way the commentators were trying to build Carlton, build Carlton and build Carlton, and it was something I noticed, too.

“If I was a Carlton player and I listened to that, it was almost condescending.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Alex, I can take biased commentary up to a point, but this was shocking.

Unless, you heard it, it's hard to comment.

West Coast fans say Eddie McGuire was too pro-Carlton in Fox Footy commentary

Eddie McGuire is under fire for being too pro-Carlton.

The claim took off on Twitter after Saturday’s clash between the Blues and Eagles at the MCG, where McGuire was in the commentary box.

Carlton surprised most experts and fans by pushing West Coast all the way, ultimately falling 10 points short of a huge upset.

But Eagles fans weren’t happy about the enthusiasm for the losing team from the commentary team of McGuire and Dermott Brereton.

Channel 7’s Tim Watson said this morning he watched the game on TV and would have been “outraged” if he was an Eagles fan.

He said the callers fell into a trap of talking up the underdog too much.

“You think one side is a lot better than the other side so you tend to think of all the reasons to build up the side you think is inferior,” Watson said on SEN.

“A lot of people are saying that commentary was biased towards Carlton — the way the commentators were trying to build Carlton, build Carlton and build Carlton, and it was something I noticed, too.

“If I was a Carlton player and I listened to that, it was almost condescending.”

Ahhhh TWITTER, something like FaceBook? Well maybe, it is comon practice in the media world to build up a weaker team to keep the fans and viewers interested, see it and hear it all the time on C7, thats why i have the sound down and can hear my dog sleeping noises at my feet....

Can understand why you would be aggrieved, and if Timmy said it it must be gospel, tip....keep the volume down...i do...so there for forget the surround sound... 

• Like 2

Good game of footy tonight.

Tigers showing their top of the pile and Dees 15 minutes away.

What Melbourne would of done for say a Jack Watts or Cam Pederson tonight.

Fantasy is tight going into tomorrow.Will it be GS or Chooks and Alex or Rip,going to the wire.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I didnt think it was a good game, too many scrums and packs, very few Dee's handled the ball well and once again got sucked into a congested forward line whilst the opposite at the other end...

Since Goodwin has been head coach we have not played 4 quarters of football in a game for points..

An other failing of the head coach is playing players out of position, Salem is much more affective down back, 5th week in a row they have played him as  a mid last 2 weeks he's been carved up and spat out, hardly any effect on the game, Jetta was taken all over the ground on a ride obviously following his player, seen Leaver close to the forward 50 arch a few times too, isn't Hibbered a back man? looked like he was play as a defensive mid all night....Give it to the Tigers for clearing out our back line for easy pings on goal...

Frees? ahh you must be joking....though they were paying 50 me penalties if you ran closer than 10 meters from the player with a mark or free....saw that at least 3 times tonight when we had the ball...2 trips we didnt get as well...You could say the game is much faster easy to miss a few things...might be time for a 3rd field ump....the yanks have so many Collingwood jumpers on the ground in NFL who would notice the difference in out game?

Coach took us back to basics he claimed this week...Goodwin is walking around with his big foot stuck in his mouth, before he lays blame on the playing group might be a good idea to look at his tactics and instructions game day....

Hope they keep the Weed next week its time to get games under his belt since they off loaded J Watts some height in the forward 50 is lacking, Stretch in my mind is no midfield player he's played the odd decent game, to short for AFL...his old man was a winger, looks like son took after mums side of the family in height..number 4 Harmes has been around about 3 or 4 ys now....great first season forget the rest, not enough from him ever, Kent the one that went off with the hamstring...same deal both are list cloggers.

This game was the coaches loss, was a carbon copy of the Hawk game, apart from all of that it was appalling to watch it was ugly, the Bulldogs in there premiership year made it look good few since then..

• Like 2

I liked Goodwin as a player,as a coach it takes time to set up what you want.

I know he worked closely with Roo's but wouldn't have had the last say on player lists even taking over.

Similar to Buckley taking over from Malthouse.

End of the day you want ownership of the list,but if he now has to put in 50 games to Weiderman when he had Watts.

Supporters are going to be rightly angry.:smile:

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I liked Goodwin as a player,as a coach it takes time to set up what you want.

I know he worked closely with Roo's but wouldn't have had the last say on player lists even taking over.

Similar to Buckley taking over from Malthouse.

End of the day you want ownership of the list,but if he now has to put in 50 games to Weiderman when he had Watts.

Supporters are going to be rightly angry.:smile:

Yes everything takes time, the days where a good team would hang around the top for 5 or 6 years are gone, the wild card is now the coach his staff and recruiters, in Melbourne's case we had the AFL behind us they made sure that the Demons got the people they needed, few clubs have received this sort of help.

Under Roo's Jetta found a home in the back line...for years and I mean years he was in and out and mostly played as a small forward, wasn't until he was moved to the back line did he become a regular now he would be one of the first pick each week, Roo's also had Bugg in defence often a 100 pointer running out of defence, where does Good's play him? forward, can't kick and is mostly ineffective, he persists with Harms and Kent they wouldn't get a game in my team, under Roo's we had a good defence,  about the only good thing Good's  managed to do is get Hogan more involved in the game but its all to no avail when you haven't got anyone to kick to. Firsch? why dropped...the ball hardly went forward against the Hawks, is good in the air and on the ground still raw and finding his way did not deserve to get cut.

Im telling you the truth last nights loss is on the coach, the few quick forward thrusts no one was home, we hardly played wide because we were maned up quickly yet they peeled off even quicker when they had the ball, there forward line was mostly 3 or 4 players unless it was locked in.

Good's should have kept a mid wide all night around the centre dropping into defence to get that loose man happing when that was happing a 2cd mid should have moved wide around centre...as for the forward line one one player should have been instructed to not chase his man out of the 50m arch also that wide mid could be running into space...Gees I only play football on a computer and know how to set up....

During the 3rd quarter it was obvious to see what was going to happen, was only for the go at it hard attitude that kept us with in reach to 15 min to go...

I thought the Tigers played the perfect game, few out right stars very well coached and drilled..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Fantasy is tight going into tomorrow.Will it be GS or Chooks and Alex or Rip,going to the wire.

Was looking at the fixtures and Richmond have a dream draw, especially for a premiership team.

6 of their first 7 games are played at the MCG.
They also only play 1 of their first 8 games against a Top 8 team from last year.

• Haha 1