Who pays When Your Deported ?

15 minutes ago, donim said:

Wiki, the article: 

" He died on 6 August 2006 of massive organ failure a few days after being imprisoned in Klong Prem Central Prison in Bangkok on charges of suspicion of illegally altering a visa " 

A report, not on the wiki but you can find the link in the footer of the wiki page

" he died earlier this month at the hospital unit of the squalid Klongprem Central Prison in Thailand. "

This prision houses the TDC, Thai Department of Corrections.
The IDC is somewhere else.

He died in Klong Prem which is a lot, lot worse than IDC. There are no Thais in IDC, only foreigners.

It also says that he was severely weakened by a health regime he was following BEFORE he went to prison.

I have been in IDC and the food there is actually not bad. If you have cash, you can order food from outside. If you are sick, you get to see a doctor.

Comparing Klong Prem to IDC and comparing this man that died there to possibly dying of neglect in IDC is so obviously dishonest, it's laughable.

41 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

He died in Klong Prem which is a lot, lot worse than IDC. There are no Thais in IDC, only foreigners.

It also says that he was severely weakened by a health regime he was following BEFORE he went to prison.

I have been in IDC and the food there is actually not bad. If you have cash, you can order food from outside. If you are sick, you get to see a doctor.

Comparing Klong Prem to IDC and comparing this man that died there to possibly dying of neglect in IDC is so obviously dishonest, it's laughable.

Even Klong Prem improved since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Old Croc said:

It can vary - you, your family and friends, strangers on go-fund me, the airline, or Immigration (don't expect another visa until the bill is paid).

Expect difficulties with future visas for other countries as many have policies against deportees entering their boundaries.

Thai immigration pay, are you sure about that? I very much doubt it.

It seems you are correct. My generalization was more about countries who consider it more cost effective to deport someone rather than keep them in detention for long periods.

From The Immigration Act  - Deportation of Aliens:

Section 55

Aliens being deported under this Act shall be sent back by any conveyance or route as the competent official may consider appropriate.

The expense of deportation shall be charged to the owner or person in charge of the conveyance which brought the alien into the Kingdom. If there appears to be no owner or person in charge of the conveyance, the alien committing the act against the provisions of Section 63 or 64 will have to pay the expense of deportation. The competent official shall have power to ask for deportation expenses from one of the aliens committing the offense or from all of them. However, if the alien concerned wishes to go by and other conveyance or by an other route, at his own expense, the competent official may permit him to do so.