Pollution In Bangkok

roblin

I read the thread from the Chiang Mai forum. Good for me I moved away from there. It seems I wont be going back for a.... uhm... until songkran at least.

In my room, all four of us(three farang,one native from Bangkok) have been having serious throat problems and today we all are coughing really bad. Is it just us or are anyone else having a sore throat recently? Could this be because of the air? How bad is the air i Bangkok? Time for me to relocate again?

Are you sure you're not all just sharing a viral infection? There was a cold/flu that went around and usually started with a sore throat before progressing to coughing, body aches, and fever. We had it last month and it took me almost a week to feel strong again. I lost most of a weekend to it because I felt so run down and tried to sleep it off.

I read the thread from the Chiang Mai forum. Good for me I moved away from there. It seems I wont be going back for a.... uhm... until songkran at least.

In my room, all four of us(three farang,one native from Bangkok) have been having serious throat problems and today we all are coughing really bad. Is it just us or are anyone else having a sore throat recently? Could this be because of the air? How bad is the air i Bangkok? Time for me to relocate again?

I've lived in Chiang Mai about 3/4 of the time over the last 3 years and I've never really been sick or experienced any kind of sore throat. Like the previous guy mentioned, maybe you have some sort of virus, as you all seem to be experiencing it. Anyway, the Air Quality isn't the greatest (but neither is BKK's), especially since there's that huge forrest fire going on the border of Mae Sai and Myanmar (Burma). Winds have taken some smoke and soot here a bit. I know one thing that has made a big difference for me as far as the air quality goes. When I ride my motorbike, I wear a full enclosured helmet at all times. Not only is it much safer, it definitely helps keep you from breathing in a bunch of the exhaust and crud in the air. Anyway, personally, I'll take the cool nights and far less humidity any day over the temperature and HUMIDITY of BKK. Love to visit for a day or two, but then it's back up North.