Fake heiress who dazzled New York elite gets four to 12 years for fraud

webfact

Man, this says it all.

For murder, you would get a smack on the wrist but if you steal money from rich people then you are done like a dinner.

I am not in any hurry to die but I will be glad when I'm dead.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Maybe I'm missing something but really can't understand why this has been international news for the last few months.  It certainly wasn't for her model looks, that's for sure.

..fill up the page...may have a puppy story tomorrow.

Edited by tandor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, car720 said:

Man, this says it all.

For murder, you would get a smack on the wrist but if you steal money from rich people then you are done like a dinner.

I am not in any hurry to die but I will be glad when I'm dead.

me too

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

Maybe I'm missing something but really can't understand why this has been international news for the last few months.  It certainly wasn't for her model looks, that's for sure.

And yet another gratuitous and irrelevant insult at a woman on account of her looks.

This is how proper a sentence is given, and hence justice is served for the crime committed.

In Snowflake Europe, this would have been a smack on the hands and a short stay in a luxury hotel (prison).

The USA leads the way to demonstrate by example, what proper justice should be. Take note; the USA is by definition the wrong place to commit serious crime, and a hard deterrent. 

A romantic at heart.  Go off to a far away country, re-invent yourself, maybe a little larceny on the side, just don't make the claims to royalty or the larceny too grand. 

Can't do that any more, even in a country where most people don't know Austria from Australia. 

Those Russians, though: big, brass ones.

• Haha 1