Need a good (not cheap) BKK hotel for girl watching (not renting).

Speedhump

My friend will be visiting me this year and we could use suggestions of a hotel with a busy pool area, but not those that are very family oriented (he's not keen on a lot of kids around). Central BKK, probably 4 star (4000 Baht a night instead or 5-6000). Rooftop pools tend to be a bit quiet a lot of the time, I don't know what else is around.  At a pinch we could go for a hotel with pool where some of the ladies are for sale, but not a 2-3 star fleapit. Comfort is central to the stay. Or some left field suggestion maybe? Thanks if anyone has any pointers.

You're asking a lot.   Most of the mid BKK hotels of 4 and 5 stars seem to be geared for business and short stay visitors and the pools always seem relatively quiet. I use the The Landmark, very convenient. Grand Hyatt is good too, but can get expensive.   To better meet your requirements, better looking at the riverside hotels, The Marriott Resort and Spa springs to mind. 

Girls usually dont hang at 4 star hotel pools unless they are already paid for. Best place is nana hotel soi 4 where you can sit in Hooters and a few meters away in the nana hotel car park are plenty of girls to choose. Its not 4 star but Ive always found the rooms clean 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

You're asking a lot.   Most of the mid BKK hotels of 4 and 5 stars seem to be geared for business and short stay visitors and the pools always seem relatively quiet. I use the The Landmark, very convenient. Grand Hyatt is good too, but can get expensive.   To better meet your requirements, better looking at the riverside hotels, The Marriott Resort and Spa springs to mind. 

Thanks, I'll follow that up. We generally just like to chat and be friendly, so it usually comes down to engaging with poolside and bar waitresses, bar staff. etc. not looking to rent something for the day/night! ???? 

9 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Central BKK, probably 4 star (4000 Baht a night instead or 5-6000)... Comfort is central to the stay...

If you want comfort then you might want up the budget a little.  

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

Girls usually dont hang at 4 star hotel pools unless they are already paid for. Best place is nana hotel soi 4 where you can sit in Hooters and a few meters away in the nana hotel car park are plenty of girls to choose. Its not 4 star but Ive always found the rooms clean 

Thanks. As I said, not looking to choose/rent a girl during the day, otherwise yes we would just sit in a Soi Nana bar or other street venue. Yes the Nana Hotel is clean and suits its purpose! Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Thanks, I'll follow that up. We generally just like to chat and be friendly, so it usually comes down to engaging with poolside and bar waitresses, bar staff. etc. not looking to rent something for the day/night! ???? 

The Landmark coffee shop is ideal for what you want.  Sit outside on the raised deck  and there are usually a few ladies taking morning coffee/afternoon tea and cake.   They seem to be of all kinds.  Some just regular ladies, some tourists and some upper class FL.   

2 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

If you want comfort then you might want up the budget a little.  

Not necessarily. Landmark I paid 4000 a night last year and it's very comfortable indeed, but the rooftop pool was pretty deserted and a bit of a windtrap.

Just now, Pilotman said:

The Landmark coffee shop is ideal for what you want.  Sit outside on the raised deck  and there are usually a few ladies taking morning coffee/afternoon tea and cake.   They seem to be of all kinds.  Some just regular ladies, some tourists and some upper class FL.   

Thanks for that. ????

1 minute ago, Speedhump said:

Not necessarily. Landmark I paid 4000 a night last year and it's very comfortable indeed, but the rooftop pool was pretty deserted and a bit of a windtrap.

Fair enough and glad you were happy with the accommodation.

1 minute ago, OneEyedPie said:

Fair enough and glad you were happy with the accommodation.

wind is good right now, wish I had some at my house, it's as still as can be. Mind you Mrs P and friends parading around our pool is consistent with what the OP is looking for, so mustn't complain I suppose.  

15 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

???? Not kidding, you could give it a try, on a par with Marriott in a lot of ways. I was pretty surprised.

Thanks but not my cup of tea, to be honest.  

Notwithstanding, I collect loyalty points from the major brands and stay up to date on their latest offers.  It takes a bit of effort but worth it.  

I have a night's stay at the Hilton next week for 3 x points so this goes a long way in reducing future costs.

Archived