Thai Girls In Singapore

:o A knowledgable friend assures me that Thai girls are the only ones in the world not allowed to work in service, i.e house maids, au par, etc.

The reason being, they almost always end up sh-----g the boss, causing loads of trouble. This had lead to the Singapore immigration, refusing visas to Thai girls.

Can anyone throw more light on this?

Well, a lot of Thais except rich univeristy students that student abroad are looked as trouble. They are looked as going to foreign countries to sell their bodies only unfortunatly. They are not looked as good english speakers unlike the philinpine girls, which 98 percent of the country can speak fluent english. You go to Singapore's Gayland district and go to the massage houses and you will see only Thais working there. Don't forget us foreigners spend many years in your country and a lot

of money and we can not get anything in return. Most governments are racist against Thais like the Thai goverment is racist against foreigners.

I spend every other week in Singapore and can testify to the fact that there is are large numbers of Thais working as prostitutes in the Ilsand State.

There are Thai prostitutes in almost any bar, club or night spot, the Mecca of their attentions being Orchard Towers AKA 'The Four Floors of Whores'.

Most the Thai prostitutes who visit Singapore stay Singapore on a two week visitors pass and then return to Thailand having paid their airfares and accommostion + a profit, this all earned turning tricks at S$200 a time.

Others spend their time between Singapore and KL moving between each place as their visa runs out.

A significant number are 'trapped' by pimps (male and female) who pay the prostitute's expenses to travel to Singapore but take ther passports as security, then they demand a repayment of around $16000, if the prostitute can't make the payment before their visa runs out they are then trapped in Singapore as illegal imigrants, the penalty for which is imprisonment followed by expulsion and a 'persona non grata' stamp in their passports.

Once trapped in this situation, these prostitutes become essentially owned by their pimps.

A recent article in the Straits Times estimated that over 80% of women visiting from Thailand where prostitutes.

I am not sure, but I believe, that the Sinaporean government turn a blind eye to what is going on. I have seen police patrolling areas where Thai prostitutes are openly working and yet the police ignore the situtation, my guess is that the tacit acceptance comes from the need to get the tourist dollar in Singapore.

Most governments are racist against Thais like the Thai goverment is racist against foreigners.

Could not agree more.

:o A knowledgable friend assures me that Thai girls are the only ones in the world not allowed to work in service, i.e house maids, au par, etc.

The reason being, they almost always end up sh-----g the boss, causing loads of trouble. This had lead to the Singapore immigration, refusing visas to Thai girls.

you seem to have alot of knowledgable friends Simbo.

:o  A knowledgable friend assures me that Thai girls are the only ones in the world not allowed to work in service, i.e  house maids, au par, etc.

Right, Dave.

Very knowledgeable after a few Chang,... :D

:o  A knowledgable friend assures me that Thai girls are the only ones in the world not allowed to work in service, i.e  house maids, au par, etc.

:D

It is not only Singapore and it is not only the girls!!

I remember entering Hongkong a few years ago.

With my UK passport, immigration was a breeze.

However I was most embarrassed when my Thai boss, just behind me, was being interogated as to whether he had sufficient funds for his trip.

Whereas I could have been penniless and no-one checked.