Furnished 1br Apt Recommendations

Planning to move to BKK next month while I look for employment with an international company (my background is finance & general business operations), or possibly buy/start something of my own. Already have the business visa and will look to maybe get a work permit as a consultant at first.

I've been researching Service Apartments, and have found several nice ones near the Chitlom, Asok and Phom Phong stations, though a nice 1 bedroom runs about $2000 USD which is steep for someone without a current paycheck.

Needs to be furnished and open to a short term lease of perhaps 3 months or so, since my longer term future is up in the air. Doesn't have to be serviced, but if not I'd like to get reliable maid & linen service once or twice a week.

Definitely need hi-speed internet in my room and want a bright open atmosphere as I'll be working some from there. Would also like to be within walking distance of restaurants and have a great health club within 15 minutes. Also want to be in an area where I can network with other American / British / English speaking business people. A good golf driving range nearby would be a plus too, but not a necessity.

Suggestions for areas or apartments I should look at?

Edited by MMan