Suspects arrested after breaking into Irish man’s house in Chon Buri

webfact

Suspects arrested after breaking into Irish man’s house in Chon Buri

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Pattaya Message

60146589_2314160025294077_65767480687654

Police have arrested three suspects after they broke into an Irish man’s house in Chon Buri and stealing a number of items.

Police have arrested 28 year old Wasan Panprem, 37 year old Rachata Kumsart and 27 year old Napaphon Pradap. They have been charged with theft.

Police seized 56,760 baht cash, two gold necklaces, three gold rings and two bracelets, a mobile phone, a watch and a motorbike.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/suspects-arrested-after-breaking-into-irish-mans-house-in-chon-buri

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-15

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Suspects arrested after breaking into Irish man’s house

Mr Knight asked the police if they do think these are the burglars, and the police replied....................................... "To be sure" ! image.png.b3b1c936b390f7ba7547e09552356ea6.png

Another burglary where the victim had CCTV installed,

there was almost identical one in Pattaya few days ago,

they will be thinking CCTV installed, must have something

worth nicking.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Not a very safe safe if it can be removed from the house that easily.  But, most hotel room safes are the same and barely bolted through a wooden piece of furniture

Once, while staying in a Phnom Penh hotel, I called the front desk to report that my safe was not operating correctly.  Within a couple minutes there was a knock at my door .  Two little girls carrying a replacement safe came in , picked up the defective one and left the replacement. The sense of security was overwhelming... I had to laugh. 

11 hours ago, SidJames said:

"Police seized 56,760 baht cash, two gold necklaces, three gold rings and two bracelets, a mobile phone, a watch and a motorbike."

.....& a partridge in a tree.

Does the Irishman get it all back or just the partridge?

1 hour ago, Penicillin said:

Once, while staying in a Phnom Penh hotel, I called the front desk to report that my safe was not operating correctly.  Within a couple minutes there was a knock at my door .  Two little girls carrying a replacement safe came in , picked up the defective one and left the replacement. The sense of security was overwhelming... I had to laugh. 

Good story.  Once in one of those guest houses above a bar in Pattaya, a decent place, the safe wouldn't work.  Presumably the battery was dead.  The guy came up with a key and opened the safe.  It then occurred to me that there probably was some sort of master key in case people forgot the combination, or things like that.  Basically the safe keeps the honest honest as they say.  Just like locking the doors on 1960s era cars.  Trivial to open up without even breaking anything.

1 hour ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

What a good man! Hansum man. His lady next to him. He is wearing his gigolo shirt showing his direct lineage to the ape's planet.

Haha.  don't like to poke fun at clothes, but yeah, the guy is in mid life crisis mode for sure.  Sports car at home no doubt.  Me, heck at 62 I love my SUV and my project car is probably going to be a rebuilt 1976 chevy K5 blazer, two wheel drive. 

24 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Good story.  Once in one of those guest houses above a bar in Pattaya, a decent place, the safe wouldn't work.  Presumably the battery was dead.  The guy came up with a key and opened the safe.  It then occurred to me that there probably was some sort of master key in case people forgot the combination, or things like that.  Basically the safe keeps the honest honest as they say.  Just like locking the doors on 1960s era cars.  Trivial to open up without even breaking anything.

Even more odd , two weeks ago at at hotel in Saigon I called to report the safe was locked when I checked in.  I watched as the tech didn’t even use a key, but pushed 1234 and it opened.  He showed me the re-set button in the door to change the code .  After he left , I set a new code but then tried the 1234 just to check....it opened.   I’m sure a lot of people have odd experiences with hotel safes. I keep a locking cash bag inside the safe.  If it’s still there when I open the safe at least I know that no cash has been pilfered. 

44 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Dead right. Forgot the combo for my hotel safe once, and the housemaid opened it with a key she carries.

I keep my stuff in a locked suitcase now.

Thaiager report says they also got 13.000 euro (462.000 baht) so totally over 1/2 million baht which explains the smile on his well dressed girlfriend's face. He had told her the safe only had documents inside. 

Archived