Effective June 1st Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking App Will Only Work On Android 5.0 And IOS 9.0 Or Above

ubonjoe

Thanks Joe. I have not yet received that mail (I wonder if I ever will).

Even my antique Note-3 has Android 5 so, unless you have a really old phone, you should be OK.

I got it on my registered email for online banking.

I have 4.4.2 on my rather old 7" Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Have already been searching for ways to update it to 5.0 and what I have found it looks like I may be able to do it.

Hopefully, it wasn't a phishing email?

Avoid clicking on any links.

That said, it does appear the minimum OS versions are correct...

Note: Supported operating system: iOS version 9.0 & above | Android version 5.0 & above Click here to check version of your OS on mobile.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I have not yet received that mail (I wonder if I ever will).

I receive emails from BBL whenever I log-in.

They may have only sent this particular email to those folks - both of them - still on a pre-5.0 rev. of Android. There's a reason for monthly security patches. ????

I also receive periodic emails and texts from BBL with warnings of the latest phishing techniques.

I receive texts, with the details (Fx, amount, rate, fee, net) when foreign transfers are credited to my account.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Have already been searching for ways to update it to 5.0 and what I have found it looks like I may be able to do it.

Be advised that a non-standard ROM may not overcome the challenge.

Having Developers Options/USB Debugging enabled, Root access enabled often prevent one from using mobile financial apps.

Same happened to me for Kasikorn ,from January because need now Android 6 ,can not use k+ plus any more …, but all my European banks and Pay pall and others keep working fine .

So I don't use it anymore , I don't go change  a good working phone because only Kasikorn want me to buy other and so should re register all those good working other E.U. bank app's , no way ! . SMS bank  messages (OTP) keep working anyway.

"Note: Supported operating system: iOS version 9.0 & above | Android version 5.0 & above Click here to check version of your OS on mobile."

I don't do any online banking with Thai banks, just do transfers from my Euro bank into my Thai bank ....just as well ...I haven't a clue about what all those numbers and letters mean 555.

Archived