Cheap Apartment Wanted To Rent In Bkk

TenDreams

Can hear the laughter already, but looking for an apartment to rent anywhere near the Metro for no more than 5000B a month (obviously not looking for anything fancy!), I know there are some out there as I've seen a few on the net (www.mmroomfinder.com good for anyone else looking for a place), but wondered if anyone has any advice/resources to share? I'm not in BKK right now, so I can't look around in person.

I believe I'm getting 'stationed' in the Huaykwang area.

In case you're about to write a sarcastic/mocking reply, please don't bother, cheers.

I think you might have to come and look around I know there are alot of places at the back of Victory Monument around 5-6000 bht a month but when friends of mine wanted a cheap appartment they had to wait 6 weeks for a vacant room.Hopefully someone else here will be able to give you abit more information.Good Luck

Can hear the laughter already, but looking for an apartment to rent anywhere near the Metro for no more than 5000B a month (obviously not looking for anything fancy!), I know there are some out there as I've seen a few on the net (www.mmroomfinder.com good for anyone else looking for a place), but wondered if anyone has any advice/resources to share? I'm not in BKK right now, so I can't look around in person.

I believe I'm getting 'stationed' in the Huaykwang area.

In case you're about to write a sarcastic/mocking reply, please don't bother, cheers.

A picture taken from the Grand Hotel, Huay Kwang. The buildings after the green roofs had ads (can't be recognized in the picture) adveristing 3000B rooms. May have changed now with the MRT there but I doubt it is above 5000 baht.

10 mins walk down the street are Robinsons and Fortune City IT shops.

post-7277-1173530178_thumb.jpg

There are loads around that area. I stay in one around Ratchada 19 which is 5000 a month. My mate has one in Huay Kwang which is 6000 if you're on a 6 month contact - thats with fridge and TV too. There are loads for that price - and decent ones too. You'll have no problem

Galeria Service Mansion 24 Soi Pracharasadornbanphen 1,Huaykwang Intersection, Rachadaphisek Road Tel : 276-4382-4 4900 baht plus. pool & snooker room . I used to live opposite this place, it's pretty good for the price 5500-6500. 100 m from Huai Kwang market and most importantly 80-100 m from the Huai Kwang MRT station.. Very convenient location.. Good luck with your search. If you have google earth let me know and i could send you the google map.