Classic Place To Airport

cessnock

I stayed at the Classic Place a few years back. A very nice, independent hotel. I can't remember how much it cost by taxi, but the trip took around 30 minutes from Don Muang - probably a bit longer from the new airport. They have an in-house limo service.

Here's a link to their homepage. You could try sending them an email asking their driver to meet you at the airport with a sign showing your name - but remember - there are 3 exits from International arrivals.

Most taxi drivers would not know the Classic Place. Correstion: Most taxi drivers would not know how to get to 95% of Bangkok Hotels!

One tip I found useful is to get a map of the hotel you are staying at with the address in Thai. You are lucky in this case, here's the LINK for Clasic Place Hotel - with a taxi map in Thai.

One word of warning if you are staying there - just outside the hotel you will be approached by a number of tuk-tuk drivers ... try NOT to use them if you are not very good at bargaining.

The doormen at Classic Place will organise transport for you - I used to buy a couple of packets a Thai cigarettes each day - and give the doorman a packet when I returned late each night - they saw to it I was not ripped off.

Peter

I stayed at the Classic Place a few years back. A very nice, independent hotel. I can't remember how much it cost by taxi, but the trip took around 30 minutes from Don Muang - probably a bit longer from the new airport. They have an in-house limo service.

Here's a link to their homepage. You could try sending them an email asking their driver to meet you at the airport with a sign showing your name - but remember - there are 3 exits from International arrivals.

Most taxi drivers would not know the Classic Place. Correstion: Most taxi drivers would not know how to get to 95% of Bangkok Hotels!

One tip I found useful is to get a map of the hotel you are staying at with the address in Thai. You are lucky in this case, here's the LINK for Clasic Place Hotel - with a taxi map in Thai.

One word of warning if you are staying there - just outside the hotel you will be approached by a number of tuk-tuk drivers ... try NOT to use them if you are not very good at bargaining.

The doormen at Classic Place will organise transport for you - I used to buy a couple of packets a Thai cigarettes each day - and give the doorman a packet when I returned late each night - they saw to it I was not ripped off.

Peter

Hi Peter

I will be arriving at the new airport. I have contacted the hotel direct twice before but still no reply...so that doesnt seem to be an option. I have been in Thailand before so I know what the Tuk Tuk drivers are like....lol. My weekend activities in Bangkok are all organised so I dont expect to be using Tuk Tuk`s. The Underground is 2 min from the Classic place which is perfect for my travels.

Thanks for your advice, I will keep it in mind when I get there.

Cessnock :o

Hi everyone

Hopefully someone will be able to answer my questions

What airport is nearest to the Classic Place in Petchburi Rd?

How long does it take by taxi?

Cessnock

I stayed at the Classic Place Hotel last October, too be honest I diddent take much notice of how long it took to get to the airport. I have to say that the hotel is pretty ordinary though, and there better options out there. For the puropose of a family holiday the hotel would be ok, but for the single bloke it's not very good, the 600 THB 'extra person' fee is a bit much.

It is situated right next to a river which smells pretty ordinary, the 'gym' is little more than a tiny room with 2 pieces of equipment which were broken at the time. The room was quite small, but it was clean. The staff were not very helpful when my airport transfer made some major mistakes. The food is quite expensive and not very good either.

I know this post does not answer your question, but I felt obliged to share my opinion about this hotel, stay elsewhere!

Hi everyone

Cessnock

I stayed at the Classic Place Hotel last October, too be honest I diddent take much notice of how long it took to get to the airport. I have to say that the hotel is pretty ordinary though, and there better options out there. For the puropose of a family holiday the hotel would be ok, but for the single bloke it's not very good, the 600 THB 'extra person' fee is a bit much.

It is situated right next to a river which smells pretty ordinary, the 'gym' is little more than a tiny room with 2 pieces of equipment which were broken at the time. The room was quite small, but it was clean. The staff were not very helpful when my airport transfer made some major mistakes. The food is quite expensive and not very good either.

I know this post does not answer your question, but I felt obliged to share my opinion about this hotel, stay elsewhere!

Hi juztrelax

We have already booked this hotel. We only wanted the hotel (2 bedroom suite) for sleeping as we have a busy 3 day schedule with 3 children. I did read some good and bad reports on the hotel before booking so Im taking a gamble, I know. The hotel will not stop us from having a good time. Also, I dont plan to use the gym as we are on holiday...lol.

Thanks for your reply :D

Cessnock

Hi everyone

Cessnock

As long as you are not arriving during rush hours, it should take around 30 minutes.

Hi everyone

Cessnock

As long as you are not arriving during rush hours, it should take around 30 minutes.

Thanks Jackndanny :D

Cessnock