Bupa Insurance - No Month-to-month Payments?

rainman

I'm trying to get health insurance in Thailand for my wife and myself. Currently I'm insured in my home country but its difficult that they pay in advance for large surgeries and you never know if you need one quickly. So I've decided to go with BUPA. I spoke to them last year already and they said that they required my cancellation letter from the previous insurance and a credit card in Thailand to allow me to pay month by month. I want month by month payment because our insurance together will be around 60k-80k baht per year (I need the best plan since I travel overseas a lot).

Well today I went to BUPA to do the insurance and they tell me that I have to pay one year in advance, for both of us ...because they only accept credit cards from Siam Commercial or Citibank. My credit card is issued in Thailand, though ...but not through one of those two banks. They didn't tell me that earlier however :o

Has anyone experienced the same? Or is there another insurance (I know of AIA, but heard mixed things from them) that accepts monthly payments?