Decomposed body caught in fishing net off Trang coast

rooster59

Decomposed body caught in fishing net off Trang coast

By The Nation

A body which had decomposed beyond recognition was caught in a fishing net in the Andaman Sea off Trang coast, a rescue official said on Thursday.

Suwit Maliwan, head of the Kusol Sathan Trang Foundation’s Sikao district branch, said his office was alerted on Wednesday that an unidentified body was found by a fishing boat in the sea near Koh Muk in Trang’s Kantang district.

Officials said the body was decomposed beyond recognition.

The body was sent to the Songkhla Nakarin Hospital for an identification process.

A doctor determined the person, whose sex could not be identified, had died at least 15 days ago. The unidentified person was wearing shorts popular among foreign tourists, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371840

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-27

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

A doctor determined the person, whose sex could not be identified, had died at least 15 days ago. The unidentified person was wearing shorts popular among foreign tourists, he added.

Really? Died only 15 days ago, and so badly decomposed that it´s impossible to indentify gender? Ok, may be that way, but put that together with a doctor that can not look at a bone structure and determine a gender. Normally a bone structure can tell all from gender and age to many times almost tell the country or the part of the world the person originates from.

The world is full of clowns, and in this case it seems over populated.

Edited by Matzzon

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

"... a doctor..." that can not look at a bone structure and determine a gender. Normally a bone structure can tell all from gender and age to many times almost tell the country or the part of the world the person originates from.

You gave too much significance to 'a doctor' and I think you've watched a little too much of CSI and NCIS's Abby Scuito.

Yes a lot can be determined from the one structure by the people who are trained/educated to look for the markers and indicators. An autopsy doc and forensic scientist are needed to get the specifics you've mentioned, plus a lot of testing and sampling.

I talked to an old friend of mine who worked offshore Thailand in the GOT and was on days off when his rig was toppled in a Typhon 35-40 yrs ago.  He was part of the team trying to identify the workers.  He told me it was amazing how the sea and critters can change the human body/carcass.

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

You gave too much significance to 'a doctor' and I think you've watched a little too much of CSI and NCIS's Abby Scuito.

Why in the world do you feel the need to behave so condescending? Who the hell is Abby? Are you referring to your own sci-fi quality time?

I can agree with you regarding the age and location of origin, but a gender should be visible with only beeing a doctor.

Maybe the doctors comments were an early speculation.. rather than the complete autopsy report... at first sight he said the body looked as if it had been in the water 15 days & the only thing they could recognise was the design of the shorts which might indicate the wearer was foreign!

• Like 1

A body which has been in the sea that long could be hard to identify given, fish, sea lice, birds and other predators feasting on it. The "softest tissues" goes first, so not hard to believe that identification of gender difficult.

Had the doctor misgendered  the person then they would be called an idiot so best they leave for the experts to do their job.

Leave the TV posters to be sherlocks in their own minds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

at least 15 days ago

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Really? Died only 15 days ago,

Not really.

“At least”. Can be more. Not less.

Another old local man disappear this week. Maybe say at “least 15 days” so nobody think it him.

when I see the headline, I thought it maybe this one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why in the world do you feel the need to behave so condescending? Who the hell is Abby? Are you referring to your own sci-fi quality time?

Sorry, Matzzon. After I hit the send button I questioned why I even bothered. I apologize for not deleting it.  It was just a knee jerk based on your intense criticism of the doctor.  Knowing how little research the media gives their stories (and not just in Thailand) my knee jerk was thinking the doctor could have been a veterinarian for all we know.

Really, my apology is genuine.  

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why in the world do you feel the need to behave so condescending?.

19 minutes ago, YTP said:
22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why in the world do you feel the need to behave so condescending?.

And your point exactly? The first comment, regards the presented news. That´s usually what we commetn and talk about in this forum. The other comment regards a quote that was pointing on me as a specific poster of this forum.

Maybe you need to come to terms with that, before trying to compare them. Disregarding that, I wish you a wonderful friday and an even better weekend. ????