my answer from Transferwise

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You should be calling the office in your home Country as they are the one's sending the wire transfer to one of their offices in Thailand. They then 'tag' the wire transfer to the bank partner office of your choice.

I spoke to TW in OZ twice today.  The second time was as I described in my earlier post. The first time I specifically asked which office I should call. I also called to confirm that they even  know what I was talking about in requesting that the transfer be manually routed to Bangkok Bank. She was very clear it didn't matter which office I called, and also confirmed she understood the drill regarding requesting manual routing. 

This is not trivial because of the time difference between Thailand and the U.S. and I wanted to be able to initiate the transfer and then immediatly phone customer service to request the manual routing.

Edited by rexall

I won't say good news exactly, but encouraging.  An OP on the Khon Kaen Forum visited Khon Kaen Imm to get re-entry permit, and  as a "trial run" presented bank documents cross-referenced with TW pdf receipt printouts.  Was told that would be acceptable when he returned for is extension renewal.

Please take with a huge grain of salt, but it is one bit of info that might be encouraging; it is only one I/O at one Imm office, but it is at least "interesting."  We need a lot more reports like this before forming any expectations.

• Like 1

My last transfer from Transferwise went to the Kasikorn bank before it popped into my Bangkok bank, on my transaction pdf it clearly states this. perhaps even the immigration police can understand that. not taking bets though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rexall said:

I won't say good news exactly, but encouraging.  An OP on the Khon Kaen Forum visited Khon Kaen Imm to get re-entry permit, and  as a "trial run" presented bank documents cross-referenced with TW pdf receipt printouts.  Was told that would be acceptable when he returned for is extension renewal.

Please take with a huge grain of salt, but it is one bit of info that might be encouraging; it is only one I/O at one Imm office, but it is at least "interesting."  We need a lot more reports like this before forming any expectations.

Did the OP show the I/O a letter from his bank showing all his international transfers or did he just show his bank book or statements with the codes?

He showed a 6 month transaction letter he got from BBL.  But, again, his purpose was just to test the waters to get an idea of what he might expect on this next renewal. I PM the link to you, but I can't post it here as TV gets upset when you reference Brand X forums.

15 hours ago, Varrius said:

My last transfer from Transferwise went to the Kasikorn bank before it popped into my Bangkok bank, on my transaction pdf it clearly states this. perhaps even the immigration police can understand that. not taking bets though

I showed exactly the same paperwork to the IO in P'lok, and he seemed to understand and told me all was OK for my extension in December.