Motorbikes In Bangkok

jitagon

No point in bringing the bike over, since as you point out there are plenty of decent bikes available in LOS at similar to US prices.

Who do you ride with? I'll probably hook up with geriatric MC, excuse me, Jesters MC once over. Got a soft spot for Woody...

/// DFW

No point in bringing the bike over, since as you point out there are plenty of decent bikes available in LOS at similar to US prices.

Who do you ride with? I'll probably hook up with geriatric MC, excuse me, Jesters MC once over. Got a soft spot for Woody...

/// DFW

Rode with the Immortals here in Bangkok for about six years but have had a foot problem and have not ridden much in the past year but foot is improving so maybe be back on the road soon. I am also in the market for a Heritage Softail, year 2000 plus(will keep my WG), I want the TC88 engine, my WG is rubber mounted so no problem with that but don't care much about the rigid mounts any, too old.

Don't know Woody in Pattaya but have heard of him, also I know a couple guys in the Jesters, good folks.

Power Station near the Embassy of Laos will build you a chopper, try them, nice and capable folks when it comes to Harleys. Me thinks they have the best Harley mechanic in Thailand.

Did you hear about the guy from Pattaya who took his bike there and they forgot to tighten gas line. Riding down the road and bike went up in flames severely burning him and gf. Went back to shop and they said this happens.

Power Station near the Embassy of Laos will build you a chopper, try them, nice and capable folks when it comes to Harleys. Me thinks they have the best Harley mechanic in Thailand.

Did you hear about the guy from Pattaya who took his bike there and they forgot to tighten gas line. Riding down the road and bike went up in flames severely burning him and gf. Went back to shop and they said this happens.

My goodness, I sure have not heard of this, I have used this shop many times over the years and know the owners and mechanics well, I will inquire. Seems I would have heard of this as I get emails from my biker friends on a daily basis. Where do you get your information?

My goodness, I sure have not heard of this, I have used this shop many times over the years and know the owners and mechanics well, I will inquire. Seems I would have heard of this as I get emails from my biker friends on a daily basis. Where do you get your information?

A german friend of mine had a rental bike go up in flames between Pattaya and BKK back in -93 (that was a Honda CBR400 though). Gas leak - he told me he had to reimburse the renter somewhere in the 40 kTHB region (if I remember correctly).

I would also probably have heard of a Harley going up in flames...but no. This happened recently?

/// DFW

A german friend of mine had a rental bike go up in flames between Pattaya and BKK back in -93 (that was a Honda CBR400 though). Gas leak - he told me he had to reimburse the renter somewhere in the 40 kTHB region (if I remember correctly).

I would also probably have heard of a Harley going up in flames...but no. This happened recently?

/// DFW

I too feel sure if a Harley went up in flames :o in Thailand I would have heard about it, difficult to keep something like that a secret, I will ask the chief wrench at Power Station, hope he don't kill me if it's not true..

/// DFW

ajahnlau,

I just now got off the phone with some biker friends of mine regarding the Harley fire as a result of Power Station's quality of work, they have heard nothing of the sort, neither a Harley fire in Thailand or any bad work being reported on Power Station. Please tell me when/where this happened and where did you get your information, this is a very serious acusation.

intruder%20david2H.JPGi have a 1400 intruder, 100% rebulid, new paint, chrome, 200000 bht in pattaya

Dave,

A friend of mine is arriving from the UK next month and will be looking for a bike straight away, I will steer him your way soon as he arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

TH, I would very much doubt wether Duchty has any personal experience with Siam Superbike as I have had for the last 2 years. They run a credible and reliable shop. Before they came on the scene I had 9 years of suffering through crappy work and 2 tier pricing for Thai / Westerners. Since Siam have been on the scene my motorcycle days have been much happier. Its strange how the two best run and most sucessful shops in Bangkok ( Power House and Siam Super ) get these "allegations" of one someone else has said.

Competitors feeling the pinch maybe?

Try this farang owned shop

Siam Super Bike

TH

check out the comments about this shop on www.geocities.com/bkkriders/

many unhappy customers...

Dutchy

I cannot get your URL to work. Could you check and make sure it is correct?

TH

http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/classifieds/index.html

I do not consider Siam Superbike one of the most succesful shops in bangkok, check out the Red Baron on sukapibaan saam and you might change your mind. This is THE motorbike shop in Bangkok and has the largest second hand parts department. No arguing about that, labor is also cheaper, no arguing about that neither...

Dutchy

TH, I would very much doubt wether Duchty has any personal experience with Siam Superbike as I have had for the last 2 years. They run a credible and reliable shop. Before they came on the scene I had 9 years of suffering through crappy work and 2 tier pricing for Thai / Westerners. Since Siam have been on the scene my motorcycle days have been much happier. Its strange how the two best run and most sucessful shops in Bangkok ( Power House and Siam Super ) get these "allegations" of one someone else has said.

Competitors feeling the pinch maybe?

Hmm a newby with two posts... that's interesting... :o

intruder%20david2H.JPGi have a 1400 intruder, 100% rebulid, new paint, chrome, 200000 bht in pattaya

Dave,

A friend of mine is arriving from the UK next month and will be looking for a bike straight away, I will steer him your way soon as he arrives.

Thanks, I think we probably know the same people, mike from texas (immortals), big Ron etc

Did you go to the Bangkok Bikefest a few months back, (the big cruise to the japanese gdns)