Family now has ILR - question about children citizenship

Hi all, 

Wonder if anyone has any experience that can help. Have been looking and just getting more confused!

My wife and two children have just been given last week their ILR (set M). My wife came over 5 years ago and the two children joined just over 3 years ago. 

When i go to apply i see it reads:

Apply for your children
You must apply separately for your children - you cannot include them in your own application.

You can apply to ‘register’ your child for citizenship if they were born either:

outside of the UK
inside the UK before you were granted indefinite leave to remain
Read the guidance to check you can apply.

How much it costs
It costs £1,012 to apply for each child.

You must also pay £80 for your child’s citizenship ceremony if they turn 18 during the application process. 

I then found this AN for guidance that reads:

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British
citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for
one or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic
acquisition of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of
a “family application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home
Secretary’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are
granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship 
and the other is settled in the UK.

Even on the form it reads:

If you are making an application with other people, such as a family member or dependant, you can add them here. You can either add each applicant to this page first before filling in their details (including your own) or you can fill in all the details for one applicant first and then add others.

When i click the question to say born outside the UK i get the next box:

Register child as British citizen

Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?

Not sure if the AN form is applicable to us, but am totally confused. 

I have managed to do myself 1 tourist visa, spouse, 2 kids to join after a period apart, FLR and ILR...but this one has me stumped!

Would it be now that as they have ILR, they are no longer dependent on the mother? Surely not as they are not 18 yet. I cant see why a 15 year old is expected to fill out his own application. 

Anyone done naturalisation with kids who came over on spouse, FLR route with their mother? 

Ed