Savannakhet for SETV

Hi!

Need clarification on this matter - My Non-B is expiring and while waiting for a new Non-B, is it possible for me to apply for a SETV in Savannakhet for the 2nd time? To date, I have 1 SETV & 1 Non-B on my passport. Aside from proof of fund & onward travel, is it okay to use a rental lease or book a hotel?

Thanks.

it is my understanding that you might be denied. For the time being they try hard to reduce the number of applicants. Better to do a border run to get 30 days, than do a 30 day extension while waiting for paperwork for a new Non B. That new Non B can be obtained in Savannakhet again, no problem. 

I got denied for my first time ever and treated like dirt there recently. 

Their queue is out of control with vans upon vans of people coming in every 20 minutes starting at 7:00 A.M and they seem to deny people in order to control the queue. Even with all the denying there’s a ton of people who stand for 4-6 hours and don’t make the cut off to submit their visa. So the demand there overwhelms the supply which creates a serious issue in terms of getting what you want if you have previous history living in Thailand.

You could alternatively go to the other consulates around in Vietnam or Malaysia but then you risk not getting what you want or getting it and having to fly back and getting questioned at the airport and deported. This is why we go to Savannakhet because we thought it would be easier. But yeah, that’s a no until that queue comes back to normal. They have so much work there and they seem to hate their job so much that they show up 30-45 minutes late basically laughing to open the gates while we all stand outside under the rain (for hours) like if we are in line waiting for ration of food to be given out during the depression era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuki said:

Their queue is out of control with vans upon vans of people coming in every 20 minutes starting at 7:00 A.M and they seem to deny people in order to control the queue. Even with all the denying there’s a ton of people who stand for 4-6 hours and don’t make the cut off to submit their visa. So the demand there overwhelms the supply which creates a serious issue in terms of getting what you want if you have previous history living in Thailand.

You could alternatively go to the other consulates around in Vietnam or Malaysia but then you risk not getting what you want or getting it and having to fly back and getting questioned at the airport and deported. This is why we go to Savannakhet because we thought it would be easier. But yeah, that’s a no until that queue comes back to normal. They have so much work there and they seem to hate their job so much that they show up 30-45 minutes late basically laughing to open the gates while we all stand outside under the rain (for hours) like if we are in line waiting for ration of food to be given out during the depression era.

Well if the situation is this bad I bet appointments will be needed soon..

1 hour ago, Nuki said:

this was my experience as well, the workers at the embassy seem really annoyed. every opening time they were always at least a few minutes late, extended lunch etc. I mean cant really blame them, for years their work load was very very minimal just serve the dozen or so people and sit back and enjoy the day. Now swamped and probably getting paid the same. the dream really is up in thailand, sad situation.

Edited by at15
  • Like 2