Security tighter at passenger terminals after bombings, says minister

webfact

11 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Could be a spin off money maker when the detectors start detecting ecigs ????

The last two times flying domestic at Don Meaung my suitcase was flagged and I had to open it and put the ecig in my carry on bag. No comment about it from anyone, just couldn't go in checked bags.

• Confused 1

Never fails to amaze me how they can always tighten-up security, safety - you name it - after every mishap. No matter what happens, there is always room for tighter-everything. Makes one wonder, how lose was it to begin with? And how much tighter do they have to go before it stops being plain lip-service and start affecting positive change.

On 8/5/2019 at 4:14 AM, lkv said:

Yep, tourists will surely feel safe seeing the military at the airport.

Better army than bomb going  off. Not as id other airports  round the world dont walk round tooled up and with military presences 

People just quick to attack anything  the government  do

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Better army than bomb going  off. Not as id other airports  round the world dont walk round tooled up and with military presences 

People just quick to attack anything  the government  do

Atlanta airport law enforcement officers walking around with m 4s and body armor. After 911 everything changed

On 8/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, Greyhat said:

Had to go through metal detectors on the way into a mall yesterday. Not that I'm complaining in light of the circumstances but they don't even check people that set it off so I'm not really seeing the point.

"showtime"  same at  Hua  Hin Market  village, yesterday guy  with mirror ona  stick to  look under  cars........I drove past him so  fast he didnt have time as I knew and he knows his  job is  pointless, also metal detector on ground floor  entrances only and you can walk past it with no one there before 10 am, maybe bombers dont get up earlier? or go to second floor and higher, none there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

So everyone, getting back to my original question, has anyone gone through customs at the airport lately and if so what have you experienced? Are they x raying your bag?

Please be specific.

Thanks in advance.

"Coming in"  first time ever x  raying bags AFTER customs just as you leave. Swampy airport October 2018 10-47 am weather fair,  skies  clear,  light wind but then I did  have  curry. Is  that specific enough?

Edited by gunderhill
  • Haha 1

Damn! I had to curtail my Human Trafficking enterprise when I heard the warning on the flight as we approached Bangkok, now this!. I can feel my days as a villainous criminal mastermind are surely numbered. 

Edited by Oziex1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Damn! I had to curtail my Human Trafficking enterprise when I heard the warning on the flight as we approached Bangkok, now this!. I can feel my days as a villainous criminal mastermind are surely numbered. 

No they're are several govt authorized traffickers in the med

• Like 1