Buying A Triumph Or Honda Motorcyle In Thailand

localexpat

Hi

Can anyone advise on the following

I know they make Triumph Motorcylces in Thailand, is it possible to buy one here, if so where.

2nd Question is : I wish possibly to buy a Honda Motorcycle, similar to a Phantom but maybe with a larger engine, about 400 cc.

Is there one Main Authorized Honda Dealer in Bangkok?

Is there any other good links for buying a motorcyle in Thailand up country as well

Thanks in advance

If you search for Triumph in this Motoring forum, you will find the poster who ordered the first 2300 Rocket 3 Triumph. There are Honda motorcycle dealers on almost every street corner. The biggest 'chopper' style they sell is the Phantom 200.

BMW sells motorcycles in the major cities, including the single, double and four cylinder models. I saw a BMW chopper this week, new, in Chiang Mai.

Good luck.

Hi localexpat, There is a Triumph dealer now in Bangkk at RCA. They are selling a range of imported Triumphs here. At the moment the factories here only make parts which are shipped to Hinckley in the UK for assembly but there is talk of assembling some machines here. Just something to do with Thailands limits on capacity of machines. As for a honda like the Phantom you need to be looking for either a Shadow or Steed. Both come in 400cc's Good bikes with a V twin engine. These are OK for getting about but for me serious mileage needs a few more cc's. I have a Yamaha XV 1000 Virago V twin and as Peace blondie says have placed an order for a 2300cc Triumph rocket 3. If you PM me I can put you in touch with the guy from Triumph who speaks good english and has been very helpful to boot also. Good luck with the bikes and stay upright. Cheers Dunc

• 1 month later...

How about servicing for such big cc motorcycles.

I know one newly opened in Phuket that has people with the knowledge to service, repair such bigger cc bikes.

For folks in down south in Bangkok, they truck the motorcycles to Phuket, and then goes to Phuket to ride it home.

Folks there are my fellow Singapore.

Kester & Eric running the place now. Forgot their shop name and addy though.

Can someone here help throw in their contact numbers to call them?

hi,this is honda's main office in bangkok,opposite the holiday inn on surasak rd;

14 sarasin bldg,

surasak rd,

bangrak,

bangkok,

tel-2236 0256

while we're on the subject of motorcycles,does anybody know of a used bike in thailand,that would be suitable (enough) to use for touring into,& around china,& beyond (untill i get bored or the cash runs low).i'm really thinking of a 125.i'm not really interested in power or speed,or kms per day,but something that would be sturdy enough,& geared suitably.i was impressed with the minsk bikes in sapa,vietnam,but i'd be surprised to find parts for one out in the middle of knowhere.also the 4 stroke honda xr,but i want something thats comfortable with the girlfreind on the back.

Edited by uptou

As a general rule of thumb the higher the cc the less strain the engine will be under. Personally I would like more than 125cc for that kind of journey. This journey I have no experience of but I would of thought an old Royal Enfield would be ideal. Just enough power, comfortable low tech and parts should be possible

According to net-motorcycles.com, Triumph are or about to make whole Triumph Bonnies at their Chon Buri factory, they reckon a retail price of 150,000 baht is possible but it will never happen as it would ruin their pricing in Western markets. Probably be a few escaping through the back door but generally you will have to buy them as very expensive 500k imports from the sole shop in Bangkok.

And the restrictions on the size of moto's that could be manufactured in Thailand was lifted some years ago, so what a waste by cowardly Western manufacturers who live off Western markets and ridiculous prices, esp in the UK.