"Bubble Tea" sends woman's sugar and triglyceride readings through the roof!

webfact

"Bubble Tea" sends woman's sugar and triglyceride readings through the roof!

2pm.jpg

Thais have been warned to watch how much "Cha Nom Khai Muk" or bubble tea they are consuming. 

Many people like to have a glass a day but this is much too much according to a post on Facebook after a woman had a blood test. 

A poster said a 46 year old woman came to see him complaining of tiredness. She was given heart checks that came back negative. 

Not so for her blood tests. Compared to a year or two ago her glucose levels had rocketed from 105 to 359 and her triglycerides had gone from 222 to 801. 

She admitted that she had been having a glass of Bubble Tea every day on the way to work for the last two months and it was determined that this was responsible for a spike in her numbers. 

The poster said enjoy Bubble Tea - but don't have too much of it. 

Stands selling the sweet drink are ubiquitous in Thailand. For as little as 10 baht people can get a sugar hit though the price - and quantity - can be much higher in department stores and food courts, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-21

Yes, bubble tea, like soda and many other things, has too much sugar. If you've ever tried it you would know. The more you drink this kind of <deleted> the more your body becomes dependent on sugar. Saying stuff like, "But I like it', isn't a valid excuse to destroy your health and then expect people to feel bad for you. 

You eat and drink too much <deleted> and you will destroy your body. You only have yourself to blame. It's really not that hard to understand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, bubble tea, like soda and many other things, has too much sugar. If you've ever tried it you would know. The more you drink this kind of <deleted> the more your body becomes dependent on sugar. Saying stuff like, "But I like it', isn't a valid excuse to destroy your health and then expect people to feel bad for you. 

You eat and drink too much <deleted> and you will destroy your body. You only have yourself to blame. It's really not that hard to understand. 

Not really in general those overweight always seem to blame something else.

I can't see one glass of bubble tea a day causing a triglyceride spike of 800+, she/he obviously has a lot more going wrong. This kind of sorry "journalism" should not be allowed. Frothy opinions = ads served.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

What?

I am saying that people who are in bad health overweight often lay the blame somewhere else like food producers making stuff to tasty. There are many other excuses though some have valid reasons a slow thyroid might be one but is easily tested (not cured)

• Like 1

I believe the bubble tea was only the last nail in her coffin. 

She seemed to have issues before. I'm not trying to vindicate her, but there is one thing in her defence. I have noticed that many Thais believe that Bubble tea is kind of a low-sugar beverage. I have been offered this drink and whenever I asked how much sugar was in it, they thought there wasn't much. Mind-boggling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I am saying that people who are in bad health overweight often lay the blame somewhere else like food producers making stuff to tasty. There are many other excuses though some have valid reasons a slow thyroid might be one but is easily tested (not cured)

I agree: one big factor behind many common illnesses is lack of activity.  I don't necessarily mean strenuous exercise, although that is obviously desirable, but even just strolling, walking upstairs, and basic stretching.  Even smokers/drinkers who exercise a lot tend to get less problems.

10 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I agree: one big factor behind many common illnesses is lack of activity.  I don't necessarily mean strenuous exercise, although that is obviously desirable, but even just strolling, walking upstairs, and basic stretching.  Even smokers/drinkers who exercise a lot tend to get less problems.

Yes a little bit of exercise goes a long way (not for weight loss but for general health). But many people just dont want to do anything popping a pil is easier.