Whats Your Average Electric Bill?

OM3N

Hey All. Just wondering what you guys normally pay on your monthly electric bills?

Mine was 2,346 THB this month, which translates to nearly 90 USD! I do use the air every night in the bedroom, but this seems quite pricey to me!

Anyone else feel the same way?

Hey All. Just wondering what you guys normally pay on your monthly electric bills?

Mine was 2,346 THB this month, which translates to nearly 90 USD! I do use the air every night in the bedroom, but this seems quite pricey to me!

Mine was 2,3,4,5K baht in a place where the building makes the markup. They were charging 5.25B per elec. unit.

Now, in a 5* place, 2 aircons (instead of 1) the bill that came yesterday was 1640B.

Paid directly to Electricity Commission, at any 7-11. The elec. unit is 2.2 baht now.

Nominally a 8K baht per month condo in a building that does markups on electricity, water, telephone is only 4000B cheaper than a proper place where a bigger and brand new condo is 20,000B per month.

mines around 4000 b amonth but do have a swimming pool pump going 4 hours a day at least 2 fans on 24/7 1 aircon on around 8 hours a day 2 fridges and freezer tv laptop outside lighting etc so not that bad i thought you say aircon what about appliances etc electric from government or landlord ?

Yeah, appliances too. Fan, Fridge, Laptop, TV on a lot. But do things such as laptop and TV really take that much juice? I would think fans and air take more, no?

Lazeeboy, you have a personal pool?

LUCKY!

Edited by OM3N

mines around 4000 b amonth but do have a swimming pool pump going 4 hours a day at least 2 fans on 24/7 1 aircon on around 8 hours a day 2 fridges and freezer tv laptop outside lighting etc so not that bad i thought you say aircon what about appliances etc electric from government or landlord ?

Holy crap - I got mine yesterday and it had JUMPED to 289 Baht because we put the A/C on at night because of the smog. I used to bitch like all get out when in my old condo with the markup it was 1600 - 2,000 Baht per month.

For water and electricity charge rates, see this link:

http://www.boi.go.th/english/how/utility_costs.asp

Rgds

Khonwan

Edit: Just noticed this link does not include PEA/MEA's Ft cost-of-fuel adjustment. As at February 2007, this is an additional 0.7342 baht per unit but this can change from month to month. VAT of 7% should be added to all figures.

Edited by Khonwan

Electric bill for a 64 sqm condo in Pattaya for a Month costs me roughly 500 baht ($14 USD)per Month. I do not use aircon or use electric for cooking.

There is a 3 year old thread running on this topic, check it out as it has a lot of comments on it. CLICK HERE for that thread.

Mine has gone down in every place I have moved to ... now paying directly .. about 1200-1600 a month

(ac at night, 2 fridges, microwave, hot water, water pump, 2 computers, a BIG TV and various smaller appliances)

Mine has gone down in every place I have moved to ... now paying directly .. about 1200-1600 a month

(ac at night, 2 fridges, microwave, hot water, water pump, 2 computers, a BIG TV and various smaller appliances)

Considering what you are running that's not bad, the AC knocks up the bill big time.

My household bill averages around 9,000B per month. Heaps of AC.

My factory bill is about 6,000B per month for over a dozen heavy duty machines. (over 10Hp rated loads). No AC.

Soundman.

~4000/month during the summer months, nd ~3000/month during other months, however I only live in the house 2 weeks/month on average, so double for a months use.

5 aircons, usually just one running at any given time, as I'm single. Lighting sucks up a lot of juice as I use halogen downlighting in 8 rooms + hallways and bathrooms (6-8 bulbs per room) and that's a lot of light. I tend to leave lights on too, my own fault.

direct payment from bank acct.

I pay about 500 a month average, only a small place though, 2 fans, fish tank, fridge, cooking, computer etc. Telly is only ever on for a few hours a day though during the week and I use aircon at night for a few hours if it's really hot but never during the day.

800b/month average for 2 people in a 129 sq.m. condo.

never use air con and hardly ever use fans because of the sea breezes on the 10th floor.

fridge , cooking , washing machine and microwave , hot water for showers, tv , laptop and lighting.

Holy mother of Jesus and all the donkeys! You guys have TOO much money or don't know how to spend it.

Invest in large free standing fans and mozzie screens and watch your bills go south like Newtons apple.

My electrickery bills are a fraction of yours and we never suffer from the nose and throat complaints of air-con addicts.

Turn EVERYTHING off when not in use and you will save a bundle and thats before we get into the global warming debate. I even unplug my phone charger when not in use.

Elec is outrageous here. I run AC a few hours a day cause this place in BKK is a sweatbox and fans dont cut it although I blast them 24/7 (fans). so for only a few hours of AC, I shell out 4500/mo. I wish I could run the AC more

What electric rate are you paying? What size place? Seems expensive for someone who doesn't use aircon a great deal.

I think that if you change the settings of your aircon to a little higher temperature that will save you a fair bit of cash. As I understand it aircon only has to be a few degrees lower than the outside temp anyway doesn't it?

My friend used to have his aircon blowing like an artic gale, but the minute you stepped out the room you was sweating because the temp change was so great. You gotta start cutting that aircon down and getting your body used to the sweatbox that is bkk, saves a fair bit of cash and makes life more comfortable.

I'm paying 3 baht/unit but this is a 166 sq mtr unit if that means anything

I pay 18 baht/unit :o . Average bill 1200 baht. Only running AC for 30 minutes in the sleeping room before going to bed. I know, it's totally ridculous. Fan 24/7.

Anywhere between 6 and 9 thousand baht. Cookers, A/C's (although ceiling fans at night), computer, two tellys, big fridge, microwave, DVD players, floor lamps. I did start to unplug all the stuff that wasn't used - the phone and camera charger and turn the telly off at night rather than use standby. It did make a difference, that and only boiling the minimum amount of water in the kettle rather than fill it up.

I'm paying 3 baht/unit but this is a 166 sq mtr unit if that means anything

I pay 18 baht/unit :D . Average bill 1200 baht. Only running AC for 30 minutes in the sleeping room before going to bed. I know, it's totally ridculous. Fan 24/7.

there must be something wrong in your calculation. you claim paying five times the actual rate? 1200 baht @ 18 baht for a kilowatt of usage would mean 67 kWh usage per month or roughly 2 kWh per day. even one low powered ceiling fan uses up ~1 kWh a day when running 24/7.

i suggest you buy a small calculator to figure out the real unit price :o