Flight Costs

mike uk

i am sick of trying to find reasonable priced flights from MAN- BKK, all the advertised prices displayed do not exist and this includes the ones advertised on thaivisa. the cheapest i was offered by all the popular t/agents for the above routing going out june 15 and returning 27 aug, was £515 with turkish airlines and the most expensive was £728 with etihad. so have booked with BA to fly MAN -HKG FOR A COST OF £408, with the same dates i require. i would like some info. on travel HKG-SAIGON. and BKK-HKG thank for any replies.

I now what you mean. If you've seen prices around £225 you can bet your booties they'll BE flying from LHR in may with the likes of royal jordanian and gulf air etc. And then you have to add on something like £140 tax anyway.

Edited by enyaw

I agree its a pain in the bum but after lots of searching lots of times, I have never found any one place better or more consistent than another. The cheapie £225 fares I just do not believe exist. I have called these places on occasions and told them to find me a flight at this price any date any time and they have NEVER managed it - they are just a con.

The trouble is that LHR is the best bet, I think its all down to time managment ie book 9 months in advance the days of getting a last min deals are gone, im not saying they are not there but you have to be online por on the phone 24-7 checking 30 different travel companies, the airlines have wised up the fact that so many people are trying to get so few seats & last min deals they don't have to discount, we travel 2 times a year now and the far best carrier we have found over the last 15 yrs is EVA Air, get youselve on the website to evaair.com and login as a patential regular user,

Good Luck

The trouble is that LHR is the best bet, I think its all down to time managment ie book 9 months in advance the days of getting a last min deals are gone, im not saying they are not there but you have to be online por on the phone 24-7 checking 30 different travel companies, the airlines have wised up the fact that so many people are trying to get so few seats & last min deals they don't have to discount, we travel 2 times a year now and the far best carrier we have found over the last 15 yrs is EVA Air, get youselve on the website to evaair.com and login as a patential regular user,

Good Luck

Eva is good, but it still means trucking through bloody awful Heathrow!!! I much prefer to fly Swiss from Birmingham via Zurich - nicer experience all round, flight times as good and the chocolates superb!

• 2 weeks later...
any suggestion on where to get a cheap flight (open 6 months) from LHR to Bangkok return?

Is West East travel the best solution? (Thai airways seems to be much cheaper than in many other sites).

Thanks

Dial A Flight quoted me a little over £400 - inc all taxes - for open ended one year return from MAN to BKK with Etihad ( after the easter holidays). Must be similar for LHR

I always check Teletext Flights on line as they list the cheapest fares INC tax. None of the B/S of seeing 'cheap' flights then add on surcharges and tax.

Oct 2006 - £359

Dec 2006 - £389

were past prices with DAF.

HTH