Chonburi Immigration App

Don't know if it's been reported elsewhere but there's a new Chonburi Immigration App available on Android.

It appears to be designed to be able to apply for various extensions at Chonburi Immigration using the app.

From what I can see, the good thing is each type of extension (study, tourism, family member, retirement, etc.) is independently listed and the exact requirements needed for each extension are also listed. With all requirements listed by (Chonburi at least) Immigration on there own official site it will (hopefully) be difficult for IO's in Jomtien and Si Racha to 'invent' any other requirements in the future. 

For Chonburi Offices at least, it means the Immigration Office requirements for each different extension have also have been standardised.

Hopefully, other Regional Offices will follow suit and have their own app so all details will be standardised. It will hopefully be more difficult then for 'rogue' IO'S to insist on spurious requirements.

http://immchonburi.go.th/main/app/index.html

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

Thai Immigration officers can interpret the rules and regulations as they see fit.  Standardized forms are nice but filling them out correctly will not gain you much.  "Rogue" officers are fully within their rights to grant or deny extensions as they wish.  Reading the law to them only angers them and the results for the applicant is never good.

The link says this:

The app has one function: To appointment date and time to obtain a visa extension or new visa.

which implies (to me, at least) that you can book an appointment for your extension via the app. Is that so, it sounds too good to be true to me?

Does look different to the previous one in that it actually has a Submit button which it didn't have before. Unfortunately I have just applied for my extension at Jomtien so I look forward to many successful uses of it before my next attempt.

Just checked old app and all my data is still there with a Waiting for Submit still showing.