Purchase Of Windows Xp Home Edition

pitrevie

Thanks for the replies, I found one Microsoft Clean shop in Pantip yesterday and they wanted 9K for the boxed version which seemed a bit expensive as I can obtain it cheaper in the UK. I havent tried Central yet but hopefully I can check out their price today.

I am surprised that you can not download an official version

from Microsoft or some partner that handles that service for them.

These days it seems silly to have to physically buy a CD for SW.

Question .... an authentic version should be about 4000THB in Thailand.

True ?

Edited by paulfr

Question .... an authentic version should be about 4000THB in Thailand.

True ?

Hardware House as suggested, closer to 3000 last time l looked for the OEM version. If you want the full boxed version then expect to pay double or even triple that. I found this to be true even in Singapore, providing you can find it, as being so expensive and hardly value for money not many places bother to even sell it.

However a quick read through of the packing suggests that some sort of software has to be pre-installed for the OEM version to work, is this correct?

No. What you're probably referring to is that with the OEM edition you're supposed to buy hardware to build a new computer but in reality this is not enforced. So long as you're not continually changing the hardware configuration of your computer and reformatting every time you do then you won't have a problem. Even if you do, all that happens is you are given 3 days to reactivate it again on the net and away you go. Most people who don't buy a computer with Windows pre-installed buy the OEM version.