CW ret ext - mostly painless

OP, what did you did with bank letter for your FD a/c.

Also requirement for activity on the day. I used to make 100baht on the day at same time as bank letter in CW complex. That was when I used savings now I have FD.

I will be doing my tm30 by mail also, however since I get new tm6 every few weeks don't think I will have the receipt. Any advice welcome.

bangkok bank fixed account.

the minimum you can deposit is usually 2000 baht.

there is no requirement for activity on the date, there IS requirement

to have the current balance printed on the date.  some do the deposit

method as their banks will not do a balance forward.

when you go to the counter, have them first update your fd passbook.

they will do a balance forward with the current date.

then they will print off the guarantee letter showing current balance.

(do check that balance and account number and name are correct!)

oh.......almost forgot.

IO did NOT mention anything about my bankbook.

did not ask why there were no daily transactions.

did not say anything about the new rules.

said nothing about maintaining 800k for 3 months or 400k forever.

(maybe on one of the 3 extra forms....could have overlooked it?)

did not ask to see my other savings books i use for daily expenses.

i included copies of tm30 receipt and latest 90-day on one sheet.

screener went over my packet, when she reached that page, she

said "oh, you have this, good."

screener was not using computer, the other IO did not seem to be

checking database for tm30.  only checked once when adding a

number to one of her stamps.  they seem very busy....if you have a

recent tm30 receipt perhaps they'll be satisfied.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Thanks 1

OP, thanks so much for that. I have been same condo 7 yr. I'm only farang in condo complex. They don't do tm30. In any event would never know when I come and go. Never done a tm30 or 90 day report. If I do it by mail, I won't get a receipt in time to take with me to CW. Just have to do it at CW and cop the fine. 

Could do it in person upon my next return to bkk but hardly worth it to avoid 800baht fine.

Edited by DrJack54

who knows, maybe the big rush is over, and they've worked through the backlog.

do a mail-in report, take photos of everything.

the ems receipt will have the first line of the address as destination, in this case it should read "tm30 report."  follow it online, take a screenshot showing the date and time received at CW.  click on the detail and a popup window will show the name of the person at CW who signed for it. 

have you tried to register online or with the app yet?  approvals seem to be coming faster, now under 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

who knows, maybe the big rush is over, and they've worked through the backlog.

do a mail-in report, take photos of everything.

the ems receipt will have the first line of the address as destination, in this case it should read "tm30 report."  follow it online, take a screenshot showing the date and time received at CW.  click on the detail and a popup window will show the name of the person at CW who signed for it. 

have you tried to register online or with the app yet?  approvals seem to be coming faster, now under 3 weeks.

Yes your on the money. I intend to send via mail with ems and photocopy what I send. I am very over folk posting "get your hotel/condo to do it". Many expats in various situations where we live. I did have look at online reg. Think there was something that I would need obtain from condo office. Also reports taking weeks. Anyway thanks for advice. I have already filled in tm30 form just waiting for my next entry prior to doing my extension, so i can add tm6 # detail and will post. As mentioned I fly out/in every fortnight. Why all this rubbish from imm. While I'm on a rant, there are many senior fellas I know that can hardly Google. TM30 for what exactly for folk on extensions. I love the joint but F.f.s

Edited by DrJack54

I had a great experience yesterday at CW in Bangkok. In & out in less than 30 min. Definitely a record for me. Was dropped at front entrance, was walked downstairs to get bank book updated and a bank letter. That took less than 15 min. Then, went upstairs. Waited about 10 min for IO officer to review docs with my agent. Was then called in to take pic and was done. It couldn't have gone any better. Good for another year... 

Edited by BertM

13 hours ago, Andyfez said:

I wish they'd put the ticket numbers online so that you could go have a coffee and know when to come back by checking your phone.

It would be a lot less crowded if they did this

I always felt a website which linked to a camera on the display queue board would be useful, and perhaps an SMS  when your number was nearly up. Mind you, in my case I would not be leaving a half cup of coffee behind, but may arrive wearing only a towel!