Recommendation for health insurance

wreckingcountry

Any experience of health insurance policies just for Thailand ! I’m thinking of paying around Baht 30,000 for first claim of Major expenses and policy covering above that for a claim ! I see online Aetas or Pacific cross in Thailand, BUPA no longer avaible ! Looking to pay about 1000 baht a month

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There are recent threads on this if you do a "search"  I am working with AA health insurance brokers in Pattaya.  They also have offices in Hua Hin and Phuket. 

If you are under 35 and no pre-existing, 1000 baht a month may be possible

Sheryl recommended as I recall and as am 62 years old finding them helpful so far, will likely cost me around 80,000 baht a year or less depending on deductible, etc..

http://www.aainsure.net

Premiums depend entirely on your age.

1000 baht a month is possible only if you are quite young.

No such thing as a policy for Thailand only but there are a few policies limited to certain SE Asian countries and then many policies that are mostly worldwide but excluding USA and other places where costs are unusually high. My policy, for example, excludes USA, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Canada and a few other countries.

Work through a broker and tell them you want a $750-$1000 deductible (excess) option.

You do NOT need to limit yourself to a company physically present in Thailand, many international companies offer expatriate policies that will cover you in Thailand. They do not cost more than  comparable plans from Thai companies, often the opposite, and are better regulated.

AA Brokers are good

www.aainsure.net

There are some that are that low for people in their 20 - 30's, for example I think ACS is - but it does not guarantee lifetime cover, only till age 74 so unsuitable for someone who plans to remain here for life. And various other disadvantages.

There are so many variables to consider, he needs to work with a broker.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, Sheryl said:

There are some that are that low for people in their 20 - 30's, for example I think ACS is - but it does not guarantee lifetime cover, only till age 74 so unsuitable for someone who plans to remain here for life. And various other disadvantages.

There are so many variables to consider, he needs to work with a broker.

ACS has lifetime coverage too, it's only a small premium. I pay around a thousand USD per year in my 30ies.

The tarife is called ACS ASIA LIFETIME: https://www.acs-ami.com/en/expat-health-insurance/acs-asia-lifetime/

Archived