Need To Renew Your Uk Passport Soon?

kat1

I applied for a new UK passport today (the missus washed it!) and was told that the price is increasing to in excess of 8,000 baht as of 1st April. I did ask why, but that doesn't seem to be a question that gets asked much in Thailand...........

I thought I would warn anyone who needs to renew in the short-term, so they could withhold the much needed extra that the cash-strapped British government are so desperate for......

I applied for a new UK passport today (the missus washed it!) and was told that the price is increasing to in excess of 8,000 baht as of 1st April. I did ask why, but that doesn't seem to be a question that gets asked much in Thailand...........

I thought I would warn anyone who needs to renew in the short-term, so they could withhold the much needed extra that the cash-strapped British government are so desperate for......

Plus €25 if you want it in a hurry.

Is it really that expensive? How much does it cost in the UK these days? I need to renew my UK passport soon and did, in fact, renew my NZ passport a couple of years ago in Australia and seem to recall it cost pretty much the equivalent of a hundred quid.

Is it really that expensive? How much does it cost in the UK these days? I need to renew my UK passport soon and did, in fact, renew my NZ passport a couple of years ago in Australia and seem to recall it cost pretty much the equivalent of a hundred quid.

It's gone up considerably, can't find the receipt now but I think it was around €180 for a thirty pager. What the hel_l, if you can afford to travel, you can afford to pay eh?

Yes, the exchange rate has dropped, so my bankers draft is for too much, but I was told that I would be sent a refund for the difference (I applied at the Consulate in Chiang Mai).

This is a different story from the thread about visa applications..........

I await to see what happens in the next 3 weeks that I was quoted as the turnaround time.....

£66 for the standard passport, and £77 for a 48 page one

http://www.passport.gov.uk/fees.asp

Penkoprod