Non B Penang SUCCESS

First time there in 14 odd years. Always doing my Non O married to a Thai and son to London or Savanakhet.

Decided to do a Non B as I do not want my wife interrogated at immigration and take pics of her and I sitting at our bed for immigration to verify marriage. Tried switching the O to B and she was also requested to wait up to 8 hours until called for questioning (married 17 years).

So, the job got the paperwork for the B.

Downloaded the 3 page  pdf file from the Thai Consul Penang website.

Flew Monday night, arrived at 11pm. Got to the hotel by 11:45.

Walked the 9 or so blocks to an agent (easier, cheaper, will explain later). He leaves by 8 am.

The Non B was for normal B, NOT FOR TEACHERS.

Had ticked most boxes in the checklist provided by the consulate.

WARNING: They do not mention JOB CONTRACT in the form. You need a copy if a single entry or originals if multiple entry AND only if you are a Director of the company.

WARNING: The form provided by the Consul should not be used if using an agent. The agent has their name and address  as YOUR COMPANY ADDRESS.

ID page of passport, 2 3.5x4.5 passport pics, all the company documents that show worth, taxes paid by them, owners. The documents that showed other numbers and maps was returned to me.

Agent puts an orange sticker on the passport. Some sort of notification to the staff at the consulate who the passport was submitted by.

Received the passport with single entry the following day (Wednesday) and flew back to Phuket at 8:30 pm. No need to sleep over.

Agent fee was expensive, 80 ringit ( x 7.68 THB per ringit).

While the taxi from the airport to Georgetown was 50r and he offered to discount me to 150r for the next morning drive to the consulate, DO NOT USE THEM.

I used GRAB. If I wanted to go to the consul from my hotel, it would have been about 9-10r! However, I used them to go back to the airport and it was 20r, not 50r.

Great Indian food (my hotel was in Little India), nice town. Grown exponentially since I was there, condo towers everywhere. Nice people, for the most part.

Why the agent? I cannot mention names here. But, they know the insides of the consul, always up to date to  what happens and you drop passport off, go walk around a few places and relax. They do the drop offs and pick ups. So like, why not? 

PS. Had some great Tex Mex there. A bit overpriced, but it was a nice surprise while there.

Some pics of the Indian buffet and Tex Mex. Good stuff. The Indian buffet was about 5r for each dish. Compare that to Indian food prices in Phuket!

DSC_3336 (Small).JPG

DSC_3356 (Small).JPG

DSC_3357 (Small).JPG

DSC_3350 (Small).JPG

• Thanks 2

I used to use either Jim or banana gh when i did visas in Penang. Both on Chula street.

both know what they are doing and been doing it for decades.

Received the passport with single entry the following day (Wednesday) and flew back to Phuket at 8:30 pm. No need to sleep over.

Flew Monday night, arrived at 11pm. Got to the hotel by 11:45.

flew down monday night, and flew back weds, how did you NOT sleep over?
thats the way its always been for Penang

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1