Elite Visa, application timescale

They say 2 to 3 months but in most cases it much less time for approval. Some only take a couple of weeks.

For some nationalities it requires immigration to contact a person's home country to confirm they have no personal history is the reason for the long delay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, justin case said:

read the small lines as you can end up paying and they still can cancel you ... if you get in trouble with the law (crazy ex GF or wife filing complain) or you get bankrupt, etc... bye bye 500k

I wonder what one's ex girlfriend, wife or bankruptcy has to do with a Thai Elite Visa? This kind of visa falls under the category of 'tourist visa'. Only that it allows you to stay in Thailand for up to 5 years/20 years (depends on which membership you purchase). 

• Like 1

I applied for the 20 year visa back in mid March.  At time of application they said it would take about a month, then their website switched to saying it could take 2-3 months.  Mine took about 2.5 months.  Also, if you use their website for updates on the process, I would not recommend that as it has nothing to do with the actual visa processing with immigration as I learned during my process when they signed me up for the wrong visa, but the website said I had the visa I always wanted.  Changing the Visa took another 15 days.

If they said 2-3 months, prepare for 2-3months and consider yourself lucky if it gets done sooner.

*Also, if you use email contact with them, the approval notice will come from a different email than the sales rep during document submitting process.  This went to my junk mail and was auto deleted after 3 days.

Mine took almost 5-weeks on an Antigua passport. I applied in the USA and I did not have any history of entering Thailand prior to that. The passport had lots of European entry (Schengen and non-Schengen) From various posts, I would guess that it takes between 3-8 weeks. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock