60 days extension at the end of 1 year NON-O extension

Hello guys,

my annual NON-O (marriage) extension will expire on the 5th of March 2020.

I'm not planning to extend another year but I need to extend until the end of March (I have a flight out of thailand on the 30th)

What are my options?

can i get a 60 days extension at the end of the 1 year? do i need the exactly same huge amount of paperwork like the annual or is it a bit easier to get?

Thank you!

Edited by giulio78

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at the end of your one years extension if you have not applied for one since you started doing extensions. 

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will only need your marriage certificate and a copy, copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card.

8 minutes ago, giulio78 said:

I then applied for a 60 days extension (to visit wife) while waiting for the conversion from tourist to NON-O.

Was that before or after you got the 90 day entry from the non immigrant visa application?

If after the stamp for the 90 days may be considered a new entry. You need to check with immigration about it.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Was that before or after you got the 90 day entry from the non immigrant visa application?

If after the stamp for the 90 days may be considered a new entry. You need to check with immigration about it.

So to be precise:

- I entered Thailand with a 30 days visa exemption on the 19th September 2016

- I got a 60 days extension on the exemption (to visit wife) from 8th November 2016 to 9th January 2017

- I got a NON-O visa on 7th December 2016 valid till 5th March 2017

- I then extended yearly ever since (every 5th of March)

Thanks

4 minutes ago, giulio78 said:

I got a NON-O visa on 7th December 2016 valid till 5th March 2017

When they did the 90 day entry stamp from that visa it should be considered a new entry but you need to check with your local immigration office about it.

7 minutes ago, mizzi39 said:

Can that be extended by 60 days before my last entry runs out since it is a new visa and not an extension?

You can extend any of the 90 day entries from your visa for 60 days.

No problem to get one for the last entry from your visa.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 3:18 PM, mizzi39 said:

I'm on a multiple O visa based on marriage. Can that be extended by 60 days before my last entry runs out since it is a new visa and not an extension? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for answering my question ubonjoe.

Not sure if i read your response correctly so just want to be clear.

Can each entry be extended by 60 days based on marriage or am I only entitled to one per year? Because if each entry could be extended, then I could technically get 18 months out of one multiple entry visa?

14 minutes ago, mizzi39 said:

Can each entry be extended by 60 days based on marriage or am I only entitled to one per year? Because if each entry could be extended, then I could technically get 18 months out of one multiple entry visa?

You can get a 60 day extension for each entry. The only restriction is that you can only get one extension per entry.

You get almost 17 months (12 + 5) of total stay form the visa by getting a 60 day extension of the last 90 day entry you can do on or before the day your visa expires.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe can you just not get 60 day extension after each 90 days so it 150 days before you have to leave Thailand ? yes it will cost 1900 Baht each time but its better than paying 35$ or 1500 Baht for a visa to Laos or where ever every 90 days plus it will save space on your passport pages 

14 minutes ago, JASON THAI said:

Hi Joe can you just not get 60 day extension after each 90 days so it 150 days before you have to leave Thailand ? yes it will cost 1900 Baht each time but its better than paying 35$ or 1500 Baht for a visa to Laos or where ever every 90 days plus it will save space on your passport pages 

You can apply for a 60 day extension for every 90 day entry.

You just have to be careful that you don't lose the chance to do the last 90 day entry just before the visa expires