Extension of retirement extension?

I read that it is possible to get a 60 days extension to a Non Imm 0 visa with extensions based upon marriage.

Is the same thing possible with my retirement extension when it runs out in late January? I need to stay in Thailand till the end of March, so a 60 days extra extension would be most welcome. Otherwise I suppose I could solve the problem by means of a week end in Saigon, get 30 days visa free on arrival and extend this with 30 days at my local immigration office, right?

1 hour ago, chrisinhuahin said:

I read that it is possible to get a 60 days extension to a Non Imm 0 visa with extensions based upon marriage.

You don’t need a extension based on marriage to get a 60 day extension; you need to be the spouse or parent of a Thai.

1 hour ago, chrisinhuahin said:

Is the same thing possible with my retirement extension when it runs out in late January?

Yes it’s possible and your local office should issue one.

Edited by elviajero

As they say, you can not extend for another 60 days. However, I would not be sad for that .Even if I could extend and only needed 60 more days, I would not miss the little trip to exiting Saigon. Do that and enter with exempt 30 days, and extend another 30 at immigration. That will be great. Have a nice time in Nam.

10 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

never heard of a 60 day extension based on a 1 year extension for reasons of retirement.

Do you just request it< no financials? 

Because there isn’t one based on retirement.

You could only extend a 1 year extension based on retirement by 60 days if you’re the spouse or parent of a Thai.