All or nothing: MotoGP™ hits boiling point at Buriram 

webfact

All or nothing: MotoGP™ hits boiling point at Buriram 

By MotoGP

800_6f9e572972919bb.jpg?v=1569845295

Marquez heads for Chang International Circuit with Championship point

The first time MotoGP™ visited Buriram, the race was a duel to remember. To add a little more to the history books at the PTT Thailand Grand Prix second time around, this year the Championship hangs in the balance as Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) has the chance to win title number eight.

So what are the chances? Fairly high. The reigning Champion won here last year and he’s 98 points clear with only four races remaining. To boil the maths down to its simplest form, Marquez has to score two or more points more than Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) and be 100 points or more clear when the flag falls on Sunday. He already has too many wins to be caught on that count.

Winning races and Championships is far more than a numbers game, however. It’s no mean feat beating Dovizioso, and Marquez knows that better than anyone. Buriram 2018 is the one last corner duel against the Italian Marquez has won, so if we’re on for a repeat performance, the number 93 will have to pull it off again and upend the last corner statistics once more.

Grands Prix aren’t just about the title fight though. Last year Yamaha weren’t far behind the leading duo and Maverick Viñales and Valentino Rossi will be gunning to put Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP back on the podium, and Danilo Petrucci, Dovizioso’s teammate, needs a result. After a tougher run of form in the last few races, Buriram could be a good track for the Ducati man to bounce back, and he’ll want to – quickly. 

Full story: https://www.nationthailand.com/sport/30376915

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-01
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, ronaldo0 said:

Pity all the grandstand seats were sold en mass to ticket touts , local businesses and given to anyone slightly rich or special !!

Incorrect. Local businesses, especially bars and restaurants that advertise Chang, are GIVEN a large number of tickets to distribute to customers. I was given 2 free tickets by a local restaurant I frequent last year.

As it happened I could not go. I could not give the tickets away. In the end I took them back and returned them to the restaurant owner.

I am aware of one place that tries to sell these tickets. That is a con.

49 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Incorrect. Local businesses, especially bars and restaurants that advertise Chang, are GIVEN a large number of tickets to distribute to customers. I was given 2 free tickets by a local restaurant I frequent last year.

As it happened I could not go. I could not give the tickets away. In the end I took them back and returned them to the restaurant owner.

I am aware of one place that tries to sell these tickets. That is a con.

I looked at several hotels in the area that were not expensive per night but they had made up moto gp packages and were trying to flog few nights and grandstand tickets for 50,000bht and up !! 

Cheapest grandstand ticket I found was  7500bht through ticket companies selling them at highly inflated prices. 

• Thanks 1

Kawasaki in moto gp, ? i like your knowledge of the sport, about the same as the guy going to watch paint dry, best of luck with that one, my old mate Tommy Bridewell will be putting it to the two WORKS Ducatis in Brithish Super Bikes in the UK this weekend, rock on, tickets about 2000 baht, where the hell did 50,000 come from bloody robbers

Edited by mercman24
  • Like 1

Anyone know what TV channels are carrying the race this year? Last year I was able to watch Saturday's qualifying and Sunday's race on one of the True channels. (I have a cheaper "sports package" but the MotoGP was shown on a "regular", Thai broadcast channel last year.)

I've searched so far and have not found any race coverage yet.

Edited by Hank Gunn
  • Like 1