Quality Of Bus Companies --

sarpesius

It might help if the names of dodgy bus companies were posted here by those in a position to know.

The color of the bus would be help as well as the general design on the outside, and the name of the company.

If someone can TAKE PHOTOS AND POST THEM HERE, that would be immensely helpful.

I have taken 6 types of Thai busses although I cannot identify any of the them to standard I have requested.

1. the luxury bus from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai - Mae Sai. Never a problem (shouldn't be considering how much you pay).

2. the second class Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Mae Sai line. Everyone just calls it the green bus. No problems.

3. the third class on the same run. bench seat 3 abreast both sides of the aisle. uncomfortable but no problem.

4. the combination bus-van trip to Pai. Some of the vans look very shakey.

5. The bus trip from Chiang Mai to Mae Sot. Some of these busses are pretty old, but no problems. Sometimes you take a van part way. The vans often looks shakey.

6. the bus ride from Khao San Road to Butterworth. I advise everyone to avoid these companies. The busses are usually pretty new but the trip is hel_l. A van picks you up on Khao San rd and takes you to the bus terminal in Bkk which is insane. Then you find your bus with some difficulty.

The bus rid was uneventful although there are instances of theft on these busses. These busses not go to Butterworth as they are advertized: you have to get off again and catch first a song thiew to catch ancient passenger car that takes you to Butterworth. (3 farangs squeezed into the back seat.) Not pleasant.

sarpesius