Persian Cat

I’ve already asked a couple of times – with no success – if there was a breeder or private person who may have a persian kitten somewhere in, or near enough to, Chiang Mai – but near korat or even Bangkok may be ok for the present. One very encouraging response came from a TV member but he then vanished inexplicably.

I am very keen to acquire a male kitten. We already have a persian cat so are familiar with their needs and care. So I ask again, and hope for better luck this time

Thank you for the information.

Where/what is the Seri centre?

In principle I'd rather buy from a breeder than a shop/cat farm - not snobbery, just believe the latter are less humane and not to be encouraged. However would like to look and chat at the shop to find out what that may lead to.

There are quite a few Thai language magazines that you could check out, go to a large Thai language bookstore. One of these is bound to be about Persians and should have ads and contact info for breeders.

Try the Thai pet magazines they often have ads of breeders , also keep on the look out for pet shows. I believe a big one is due at Muang Thong Thani in the near future.

edit haha sbk beat me to it

Edited by quiksilva

Hi LE,

Bought my Siamese champions at a famous breeder, a girl named: Khun Alie.

If you can speak Thai, OK. If not bring someone.

It is in BKK near Ramkamheang.

Has throughout the year Siamese, Persian, Bengal and other but mostly Siamese.

But if she not has I am sure she knows someone.

PM for telephone details.

Kind regards,

Alex

There are quite a few Thai language magazines that you could check out, go to a large Thai language bookstore. One of these is bound to be about Persians and should have ads and contact info for breeders.
Try the Thai pet magazines they often have ads of breeders , also keep on the look out for pet shows. I believe a big one is due at Muang Thong Thani in the near future.

edit haha sbk beat me to it

Actually, I have looked occasionally in thai magazines. The very few ads I saw were always in Bkk.

But I have never come across a magazine devoted to persian cats.

I'm now following up with Alex's post.

Thanks to all who've responded so far.

Hello,

I was the one with the 5 Persians but I have been informed by my wife that we really cant call them that... as mommy was a Persian but daddy was a Thai Cat... they are still longer hair kittens but what can I say... They are not full blooded Persians . Three of them are up for adoption, NOT for sale but adoption. Stable household in Chiang Mai with a house that is not in the middle of town. Meaning if you can afford to live someplace nice and can take care of the kitten the way it should be taken care of then email me please. Otherwise they will just be new additions to my family. They are ready now, and will be getting shots tomorrow. I will have more pictures tomorrow. Two are white, one boy, two girls. The picture is of one of the girls.

post-31737-1175105597_thumb.jpg

Edited by swain

Hello,

I was the one with the 5 Persians but I have been informed by my wife that we really cant call them that... as mommy was a Persian but daddy was a Thai Cat... they are still longer hair kittens but what can I say... They are not full blooded Persians . Three of them are up for adoption, NOT for sale but adoption. Stable household in Chiang Mai with a house that is not in the middle of town. Meaning if you can afford to live someplace nice and can take care of the kitten the way it should be taken care of then email me please. Otherwise they will just be new additions to my family. They are ready now, and will be getting shots tomorrow. I will have more pictures tomorrow. Two are white, one boy, two girls. The picture is of one of the girls.

post-31737-1175105597_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the reply & the explanation. I don't have an automatic bar against a less than pure breed but at present have a preference for another persian. Might want to add to it though, so I may well contact you when I get back to see if you have one still.

Hi Lotus Eater

Try out this link http://www.ocalinar.com/. They're in Bangkok but it that's too far I'm sure that they could give you a contact in Chaing Mai.

Mick

Thanks for the link. I'm going to contact them too. Between this and the contact given me by Alex my hopes are up that I can return to Chiang Mai with a male kitten.