requirements for non immigrant 'o' visa application (retirement)

I want to apply for a non immigrant 'o' based on retirement from either Vietnam or Savannaket in Laos. What are the requirements and required documentation for this purpose? It would be nice to have a website link with accurate info. I would need income requirements, waiting period (pick up the next day?) and any other pertinent info.

My tale of woe

I've held a non immigrant 'o' visa for over 12 years either based on retirement or marriage and an extension renewal always went smoothly with the local IO (Suphanburi and before with Ayudtthaya). Then my wife died last year forcing a change from marriage to retirement and now with the present chaos...the folks at the IO were very helpful when my wife died but now I can't get a straight answer from them, the last pronouncement was 800k seasoned for 3 months...'Never read an announcement that said that the combination method is no longer allowed...' and then she continued as if she hadn't heard me 'your own police order #35/2562, item 2.22 indicates that all seasoning of deposits for any application is for 2 months only...' again silence as if I hadn't spoken...Suphanburi is in immigration district 3 (Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Pathum Thani, Aydutthaya) and the commander there is famous for the absurd MFA verification signature for embassy income affidavits when they were still available...anybody else within district 3 with similar problems?

thanks for your help in advance...

If you're close to immigration office, a big "if", but you can find a notice of what's required. Sort of start looking where you wouldn't find it!

I applied in Thailand, no border trip but must have 15 days left.

The 800k mine was 2 months but what I didnt pick up on was also 2 mths after and not drawn below 400k.

Biggest headache is all other documents! Rental contract, owners ID, house book, a map to house???

Bank was current statements, letter from bank, then credit advice for foreign transfers. 3 docs!

All makes sense in end but a starting list? Dreaming! But there is one. Not in bathroom but work back from there...

• Sad 1

Immigration division 3 entrails a lot more provinces than the ones you mentioned.

Shown here in green. Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/branch_center

image.png.4a1fb1511b5e4bd28c6cddf03504f607.png

It seems your problem is with your local office not the district level.

The combination option is still available according the police orders. The problem with many offices is that they do not want to do one when a person is not able to get proof of income from their embassy and have to use transfers going into a Thai bank to prove it. Not sure why they do not want to just look at the total income for a year to determine that a person has enough money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht.

Do you want a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa? For a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being 50 or over Penang is the most reliable location. Not sure how difficult it could be to prove you have a total of money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht and proof you are retired (one of their requirements).

Savannakhet has been reported as issuing one as well and also want proof of retirement. No reports of the embassy or consulate in Vietnam issue one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toadie said:

I applied in Thailand, no border trip but must have 15 days left.

I think you really need to read the OP's post again. He is asking about getting a multiple entry non-o visa at a embassy or consulate.

Plus writing about his problems with his local immigration office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

op are you looking for a single entry or a multi entry

don't really care so long as I can extend it like I have in the past and start the cycle like I did before with yearly extensions...I don't travel much these days and presume that I can get an exit permit when I need one...

all this came about when my IO insisted I need 3 months seasoning and my old visa was thereby 'invalidated'...remember I'm wantin' info on the overseas new visa non imm. 'o' application process which has nothing to do with my IO in Thailand...

no reports from Vietnam? that's a drag as I would prefer to take care of this business in Hanoi...don't fancy much goin' to Penang although some nice tandoori would be a treat...

• 2 weeks later...

once again

for those that have recently obtained a non immigrant 'o' visa based on retirement

I'd like info regarding the application requirements at either Penang or Savannakhet for a single or multiple entry non immigrant 'o' visa based on retirement, specifically

• financials including document requirements from the bank, etc...amounts? any seasoning required? thai bank required?
  • waiting times (to book return flights, hotels, etc)
  • requirements for tickets out of Thailand?
  • and any other recent info for those two locations

many thanks...