Cancel B Visa and Work Permit at BOI One Stop

Looking for information that pertains specifically to BOI/One Stop at Chamchuri - or maybe just advice to fly out and back.

I need to cancel my work permit and B Visa then get a 7 days extension, so that I can switch to Elite, and I don't know how to do it.

My BOI company didn't go far enough to get a "Single Window" website password, and the One Stop email people say this website is the place to do a cancel, with no other information. I've been trying to get info by email for days but email replies are incomplete, few and far between.

I'm getting down to the wire and need to get off the B visa so I can get onto the Elite. If I just fly out and meet Elite at Suvarnabhumi on the way back can I sort out the old B visa stuff the following week?

Stressed out man

Thank for any info!

Leaving the country without a valid re-entry permit would make your extension void when you enter the country. It would not cancel your work permit though.

You could enter the country and get your Thai Elite PE on arrival. I assume you qualify for a visa exempt entry. If not you would need a visa to board your flight to here.

Thanks ubonjoe, my B has a multiple re-entry stamp, so I don't think it would void unless I do something. Can I ask for a void on the way out or something? Or perhaps I time it so that I leave on the last day, and come back a day later?

Would getting off the B with this technique create further problems assuming I filed to cancel work permit right away? And finally... would Elite PE hook me up at Suvarnabhumi without a valid void/cancel stamp on the B?

Complex!

I assume you a extension of stay issued by the one stop center not a valid non-b visa that needs canceling. If you had a valid multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate it would remain valid until it expires.

Immigration at an airport will not cancel your extension or re-entry permit when leaving the country. They will just stamp you out of the country. Without both being canceled you would not be able to get the PE visa issued.

Interesting, that brings up the the question of what do I even have - "Extension of Stay" + multiple re-entry. The B that was obtained at a consulate on the first entry has a void stamp that was placed on entry.

So I'm a bit more confused - does this extension of stay need cancelling, and if so - how to complete this at One Stop. They are pointing me to their website only and we don't have access to that website :0

visa.jpg

You absolutely need a password to cancel a work permit through the One Stop Center. It can not be done any other way. They are very helpful. They will sit down with the director of the company right there and walk them through the whole process, but it must be done through their website.  I have been through this exact situation already. You can either get the director of the company to go with you to Chamchuri square and finish the process, or else just wait for your work permit to expire. Those are your options. 

There is one case I know of where an employee managed to cancel a work permit through the One Stop Center without the company getting involved. The company had gone defunct and closed up shop. The employee went down to Chamchurs square with pictures of the closed office, an EMS receipt showing he sent his letter of resignation to the company address, and a copy of all the emails that went unanswered attempting to get the company to respond. The officers at the BOI first tried everything to get the company on the phone. Only when there was overwhelming evidence that the company was completely defunct did they finally allow the employee to write a letter stating everything he had tried and then requesting a very special dispensation to cancel his work permit and clear his visa status.

BTW, at Chamchuri square they will give you the shorter of 14 days from your date of termination or the final date of your existing visa/extension to leave the country. Whichever is earlier. They are unable to do a standard 7 day extension.

Since your extension says valid until "13 Nov" and that is less than 14 days from now, you will be given until the 13th of Nov to leave independent of when you go. If you go to Chamchuri Square the 12th, you will only be given 1 day. If you want a 7 day extension at that time, you will need to go apply at immigration. Make sure you plan accordingly.

Edited by Monomial
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SbuxPlease said:

Interesting, that brings up the the question of what do I even have - "Extension of Stay" + multiple re-entry. The B that was obtained at a consulate on the first entry has a void stamp that was placed on entry.

So I'm a bit more confused - does this extension of stay need cancelling, and if so - how to complete this at One Stop. They are pointing me to their website only and we don't have access to that website :0

You had a single entry non-b visa that became invalid as soon as you entered the country using it. You are now on a extension of stay as stated on the stamp.

Not sure how you can get your extension canceled. I not all that familiar with the one stop centers procedures.

You could leave on the 13th when your extension ends and fly back in on the 14th to get your PE visa issued at Suvarnabhumi airport.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could leave on the 13th when your extension ends and fly back in on the 14th to get your PE visa issued at Suvarnabhumi airport.

This sounds like the easiest, and is what Elite is recommending, I just hope to not encounter any unexpected surprises. I am not confident the Elite people actually know what to do at all.

I am the director of the company and we never proceeded to the point where they'd give us access to that website, hence what seems like being in a position where there is no official process to get out.

Thank you for all the insights!

29 minutes ago, SbuxPlease said:

This sounds like the easiest, and is what Elite is recommending, I just hope to not encounter any unexpected surprises. I am not confident the Elite people actually know what to do at all.

I am the director of the company and we never proceeded to the point where they'd give us access to that website, hence what seems like being in a position where there is no official process to get out.

Thank you for all the insights!

If you are the director, you can just go down there. Bring a laptop. They will give you the wifi password. They even "sort of" speak English. As long as you have access to the email account that they have on file for your company, they will walk you through everything. If you don't have access to that email address, you will need to submit company documents and an application first in order to get the email address on file changed, and then they will walk you through the process.

Not saying just waiting until the 13th isn't still easier, but you can resolve this by yourself if you are motivated. They really are helpful.

@Monomial thanks for the idea, I hadn't considered that they would walk me through it all in person. My experiences down there have been a little... less helpful TBH. At you thinking of the actual BOI side of the 18th floor or the one stop side?

I assume you're talking about the email login used to apply for the promotion (at http://e-investment.boi.go.th/) in the beginning? In which case yes, I've got the login.