Ist Non 0 based on Marriage: TM 30 Requirement ?

As I will soon be returning to Thailand to my wife's village with a recently acquired Non 0 multiple entry based on marriage a heated and ongoing debate has begun in the village where she lives with the local expats giving me a wide variety of options as to what the TM 30 requirements are ranging from  "you don't have to do anything. I've been here for 2 years and have never gone to immigration with a TH 30 nor have I ever done a 90 day" to " your wife better get her butt to immigration with a completed TM 30 as soon as you get back to Thailand or you will both accumulate daily fines." Actually, I had been working and living in Thailand in a distant province (no longer employed)for a number of years and never resided in my wife's house. I rented an apartment and this is the address I used for my 90 day reporting and, more recently, a couple of TH 30's. My wife would come and stay with me once or twice a month for a few weeks and go back to her house, unaccompanied by me. So when I get back to Thailand with my Non 0 my guess is that my wife  should go to the nearby immigration office with a completed TM 30. Should I go with her I wonder? Could I go with the TM 30 instead of her? Should we take marriage certificates and house registration forms as well. Since my previous visas and extensions will have been cancelled, I don't think I will have to do a 90-day report until, well, 90 days after I arrive. Also, I will be needing  to renew my Thai drivers  license within a few weeks and will need proof of address. I am hoping that the local immigration people will be happy to provide me with the necessary documentation. Do I dare ask them for it the same day my wife submits the TM 30? 

You certainly do not need to worry about 90 day reports since your non-o visa only allows a 90 days stay.

Typically with a multiple entry non-o visa you would only need to do a TM30 report if you wanted to do something at immigration.

There is no daily fine for not doing a TM30 report. It is a maximum fine of 2000 baht. Most offices only fine people 800 baht for not doing one within 24 hours of arrival at your residence.

To get a certificate of residency you will certainly need a TM30 report at most offices.

I suggest your wife complete a TM30 form. Then both of you go to immigration to file it and get your certificate.of residency.

Best your wife takes copies of her house book registry and ID card with her. And your marriage certificate to prove your relationship to her.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You certainly do not need to worry about 90 day reports since your non-o visa only allows a 90 days stay.

Typically with a multiple entry non-o visa you would only need to do a TM30 report if you wanted to do something at immigration.

There is no daily fine for not doing a TM30 report. It is a maximum fine of 2000 baht. Most offices only fine people 800 baht for not doing one within 24 hours of arrival at your residence.

To get a certificate of residency you will certainly need a TM30 report at most offices.

I suggest your wife complete a TM30 form. Then both of you go to immigration to file it and get your certificate.of residency.

Best your wife takes copies of her house book registry and ID card with her. And your marriage certificate to prove your relationship to her.

Noted. Just as a side query, would a tm30 be required at any stage of applying or afterward for a work permit while on a non imm o me visa?

9 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Just as a side query, would a tm30 be required at any stage of applying or afterward for a work permit while on a non imm o me visa?

No TM30 would be needed to apply for a work permit at the DOE.

Immigration will have nothing to do with the application.

• Thanks 1