A Lamb Is Born!

bina

spring is here spring is here and so are the holidays: water, flowers and new born babes (pick your religioun and its symbols)

i have spent two weeks helping local pet goat keepers with birthing /nursing problems and taught several people how to hand milk. i can now hand milk two minutes to a goat!

that is all very satisfying if rather difficult work (the hours spent bending and crouching among short animals!)

but the best and funniest is: a passover surprise: immaculate conception!.

our jacobson horned ewe sheep gave us a surprise spring present this morning. when we went to feed, she had a nice white fluffy baby standing next to her. of course, our male was sold months ago and i lost count of days. i could ahve sworn that she wasnt pregnant.

always brings a smile to my face with each succesful birth.

here here to all farmers around the world.......happy spring here in the middle east and happy holidays songhkran, passover and easter

bina and anon

israel

Congratulations on your new arrivals, and also on your finding joy in your work. That’s more valuable than cash for sure.

Gestation for a goat is 150 days, If it was longer than that, I would suspect your nanny goat has been keeping secrets from you. You must forgive her and move on. Life is short