Who is looking forward to Google Stadia?

Hal65

Launches tomorrow and has pretty good reviews. I'm amazed that my old laptop can suddenly be a fair gaming rig for the latest games.

Issue is, Stadia launches tomorrow in 14 countries and Thailand isn't one of them.

I plan to get it when it opens up.

Not me!

I guess it will be okay for people with unlimited usage high-speed accounts as it takes about 25 Mbps to get full 1080p resolution at 60 FPS. BTW, my research shows that the average US speed is currently about 18 Mbps, so I suppose few people will get to enjoy the full experience and most will have to step down to a 720p situation. I've also heard something about problems with latency. 

Can you imagine situations where a couple of kids are playing these high-resource sucking online game in a household, and everybody else is waiting 10 minutes for email to load!? It should be interesting. Even with only one gamer going at it, everything else would crawl in the average home. 

Edited by Inn Between

15 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

Can you imagine situations where a couple of kids are playing these high-resource sucking online game in a household

I think I had more fun when I was a kid playing outside rather than getting addicted to a game on a computer screen.

• Like 2

latency is the biggest problem here since the servers are connecting internationally (no Thai servers)

which is why PS Now is unusable in Thailand, even with Fiber you get pings like 250ms to America and they will just deny you access if it's over 100ms (not sure on that number but it's quite low)

Stadia had an awful release, techtips (techlinked?) had a video on it along with a bunch of youtubers and it's average to mediocre.

check out that new thing from Microsoft i think it's xCloud, they have Google beaten to the ground already just in lineup.

• 2 months later...

i dont know man, first of all i dont believe in smooth gameplays in MMOs with physics and realtime gameplays.

secondly even if i was wrong and you could stream most heavy games without lags (any lags) then that would make computers less needed, which is not really good, but they would become less expensive at least