Swiss Expat Critically Injured in Scooter-Car Crash in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A Swiss expat in Pattaya is critically injured after being hit by a car while riding his three-wheeled electric scooter to buy medicine. His wife is seeking justice for her husband, claiming the other party refused to take responsibility.

According to the Thai wife, Mrs. Samrit Geisbuehler, the accident occurred on April 19th at around 9:50 AM as her husband, 73-year-old Mr. Andeks Geisbuehler, was on his way to purchase his regular medication. The incident was captured on CCTV footage, showing the car, an Isuzu Mu-X, colliding with Mr. Andeks’s scooter as he crossed an intersection on a road along a railway in the Khao Talo area, South Pattaya.

Mr. Andeks was rushed to the hospital with severe injuries and has been placed in the ICU. Mrs. Samrit revealed that she was disappointed with the alleged lack of support from the driver, who she claimed has not offered any words of consolation or financial assistance to her Swiss husband. 

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-22

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What are the traffic rules on that intersection? 

I realize I don't actually know the "right of way" rules in Thailand.  My understandings are all from US rules based on "keep right".  Everything reversed here.  Do they follow the UK system?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Eery, written as if one party was guilty fro driving a more expensive vehicle. I know things used to work like that but I was hoping this BS was over.

If the Mux driver has an A1 insurance it the right thing to do to hande the matter over to the insurer.

From the linked article:

the driver, whose name has been withheld in light of an ongoing investigation, allegedly tried to hand over the entire responsibility to the insurance company.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

If the Mux driver has an A1 insurance it the right thing to do to hande the matter over to the insurer.

Agree even my # 2 insurance would cover me, any admittance of guilt would be stupid from the insurance point of view. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goat said:

No helmet.

No sympathy.

Most likely his injuries would have been less "critical" if he had followed basic safety guidelines.

In the UK you don't need a helmet on a 3-wheeler petrol or electric mobility scooter, do they here....?..............🤗

Can you tell us the extent of his head injuries, can't find info on that......?  🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goat said:

No helmet.

No sympathy.

Most likely his injuries would have been less "critical" if he had followed basic safety guidelines.

No helmet does not imply automatic guilt.

Now he is certainly not looking for 'sympathy', but certainly for justice.

He was certainly careless, to follow what most motorbike drivers do here. Even If that does make him partly responsible for his injuries, he would still be entitled to justice.

Not only in a scenario where the victim would be a member of your own family.

Sympathy.... When someone feels a little emotional pinch at the sight of the oncoming accident...