1 year non-B Penang with WP and new company

Does anyone have recent experience or knowledge from how Penang handles applications for 1 year non-B these days?

I will apply there in 2-3 weeks, on an existing 1 month work permit. Will I need a WP-3 for the coming year, or is the still valid 1 month work permit enough? (When it comes to the work permit itself I will get a period of 1 year when I renew, we are just trying to get a 1 year non-B visa before then)

Is there any chance that I will only get 90 days? Or is there anything I could do to avoid that?

A contact of mine is there right now, following the same setup, will come back with news when I get any ????

I'm owner & director yes ????

Its not completely necessary to get a 1 year visa I guess, can extend once I return, but would be great to get it!

Could anything back up or replace a work permit longer than then one I got now?

Of course, you are right about that..

The issue might be that my arrangement will need a fresh 90 day non-B to get a 1 year work permit, not sure about those details but will try to check!

It all comes down to getting this company up & running with a natural turnover for the first year AND get a 1 year extension at the same time ????

So far so good, everything has happened as planned - and I guess the chances of me not getting a 90 day non-B are very low, will have an active WP after all...

• 2 months later...