Visas Via Thailand Longstay Management

This is a quote from an opening post in another thread: "From, Thailand property report," where an uncited source was quoted:

A significant player in the bid to attract retirees is the Bangkok-based Thai Longstay Management (TLM), a company that is 30% owned by the Tourism Authority of Thailand. The group offers qualified tourists the TLM Privilege Card, which provides for priority service in airport immigration lines as well as airport transfers. And perhaps most significantly - depending on the level of paid membership - foreigners can receive one-year multiple-entry visas. Packages cost between Bt6,000 and Bt72,000.

I didn't realize TLM was involved with visas. I vaguely recall TLM being majority-owned by some Thaksin crony and operating with some shady outfit in Samui or Phuket offering foreigners land ownership.

It took some digging on their web site, since most of the links from the main page are "under construction," but I found the page: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/en/all_package.php with details of the various plans. Regarding visas offered with each plan:

Silver package, B6,000/yr: no visa

Gold package, B20,000/yr: one-year single-entry

Platinum package, B28,000/yr: one-year multi-entry

VIP package, B50,000/yr: "one-year for property investor" (???)

Blue Diamond package, B72,000/yr: one-year multi-entry

How can a private company provide a visa? What is the "one-year for property investor" visa??

Could the B20,000 package be the ticket for single folks under 50 who currently seem to be left doing visa-runs?

Dig a bit more and you'll find that the visas being offered are regular retirement visas (over 50, 800k in the bank) which you can obtain for yourself for considerably less outlay than these chaps want.

No idea how they can offer a 'property investor' visa as that was scrapped last year when the other new rules came in.

Edited by Crossy

Could the B20,000 package be the ticket for single folks under 50 who currently seem to be left doing visa-runs?

Already replied in an other thread: NO.

Please read their Visa requirement page : http://www.thailongstay.co.th/en/en%20visa%20req.php :

1. Must be 50 years old or over

No idea how they can offer a 'property investor' visa as that was scrapped last year when the other new rules came in.

For those who were "grandfathered".

Pattaya46

B 50,000: One year property investor

I read it that if you are investing in a property in Thailand then for the lower amount of 50k you can get a 1 year visa. Otherwise to get the 1 year visa you have to pay more (70k) and this is a multy entry, so includes 3 month visa runs (maybe) and the property investor's visa does not (maybe), but you need to be buying a property in Thailand (maybe).

It is VERY unclear as usual with Thai rules and may well all get changed at a later date. Anyhow it should not matter as this deal is all around a waste of money. You can cherry pick the parts required and do any of this yourself if over 50 years old, as you have to be to qualify anyway, and for less money.

Let's start a thread on exposing how Thai's rip off foreigners at EVERY possible twist and turn. Any excuse to try some deception and make it sound like a good deal to fool as many as possible.

Edited by twix38

TLM was set up with 100 million thb from the TAT coffers. having said that, they arent a private company. their other share holders are senior police, politicians, BIG business owners etc.

i did some work for them, thats how i know this....

Dig a bit more and you'll find that the visas being offered are regular retirement visas (over 50, 800k in the bank) which you can obtain for yourself for considerably less outlay than these chaps want.

Yeh !

Sounds like another Thai scam ... We should think up a name for them :o

Beats me why they think anyone is going to fall for them.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Yeh !

Sounds like another Thai scam ... We should think up a name for them :o

Beats me why they think anyone is going to fall for them.

Naka.

It would be funny if they replaced the retirement visa with a new visa which allows foreigners to stay in thailand on 12 month visa's if they can show regular income and money in the bank with no age limits.

Basically the retirment visa is from indo-china wars and should be replaced to reflect a modern outlook on migrating foreigners looking to live in thailand

as for thai longstay, the requirments are for retirement visa but it will give you a one year visa with the costs mentioned on another members post, with NO AGE LIMITS of 50 plus on the 12 month single entry visa, JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU OLD GUYS UNDERSTAND.

Lets hope that they scrap the retirement visa and produce a NEW VISA FOR ALL AGE GROUPS TO LIVE ON THEIR OWN INCOMES IN THAILAND.

Edited by Hampstead

[

as for thai longstay, the requirments are for retirement visa but it will give you a one year visa with the costs mentioned on another members post, with NO AGE LIMITS of 50 plus on the 12 month single entry visa, JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU OLD GUYS UNDERSTAND.

Where do you get the information that Thai Longstay can issue (or help you get issued) a One Year Permission to stay without the age limit? Their Webpage (Link see at a post above) says otherwise.

Sunny

[

Where do you get the information that Thai Longstay can issue (or help you get issued) a One Year Permission to stay without the age limit? Their Webpage (Link see at a post above) says otherwise.

Sunny

Thats the point, i just worded it wrongly b4, my lack of grammar still haunts me to this day

Thai immigration should do away with this old visa law on foreign retirees living here in thailand, and produce new visas to reflect a new breed of foreigners migrating to thailand, who dont need a pension to survive.

I have read the website of thai longstay which state they have requirements of 50 plus ages on all packages

There is too much emphasis on 50+ ages of foriegners getting longstay visas.