Thai consulate you would NOT recommend?

Which thai consulate would you not recommend?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone in the UK seems to go to the London one, and thus they get snowed under (and grumpy with it). If TL rejigged its visa regulations, then they would not have overworked consulates all over the world :o

Savanakhet Laos. A right tyrant of a woman worked behind the counter who looked at every piece of supporting paperwork with disdain and made me feel about 1 inch tall. Refused to speak English so I struggled by in Thai until the day I collected the visa when she used English. When I arrived I wai'd her and she just looked at me as if I was  pond life and didn't even return my "Sabai di mai?"

Screw her. Savanakhet is a dump anyhow.

This is from about two years ago. Hopefully she's gone.

Avex, it was not smart to wai her. Farang should never, ever initiate a wai, however strong the impulse. That's why she looked at you as if you were pond life, whatever that is. As for myself, I like frogs.

Funny, every Thai I've ever asked about the procedure told me it was perfectly acceptable for a farang to initiate a wai. I tend to follow the locals advice. After all, they should know.

I was taught that The Social customs of a Wai

are Complex. The advice that a Farang should

NOT initiate a Wai is to me sound advice to avoid

social blunders. I thought it 'wrong' for a male to

Wai a Female first.

Roger

According to the wife you Wai to anyone that you would shake hands with,people who are older than you and especially Granny (Khun ya or Khun Yin-always get into trouble on that one)

I would also assume that includes the boss-the bank manager as well as your local happy moneylenders.You do not wai waiters-bus conductors/drivers/dustbinmen and or kids although if done in a friendly interactive manner (play the silly Non T and mum and friends there)its OK.  

I always wai all the monks at our local temple when we take the odd dozen or so yellow buckets full of toilet paper,joss sticks and tubes of toothpaste to them and they seem Chok dee.Recon they want to convert me but I dont fancy the haircut.

::o:

I see that Thai Consulate in LAX is on this list I was just there last Thursday, and not only were the staff very helpful in getting my son's Non "o" visa for school in thailand they gave me a ride at lunch time to a great thai resturant. Hmm maybe it was the lost hopeless look I had :-p