Re-Entry Stamp for 90 Day O Visa? Residency a possiblility?

Hi,  It's been a while since I've had visa questions so I'm a bit ignorant on the current affairs of the topic.  I've had a lot of different issues dealing with a divorce, employment etc. which has made it hard to meet the consecutive 3 years requirement to apply for residency but I'll get to that later. 

1.   I am currently on a Non-O Visa on the basis of supporting a Thai citizen (my daughter) not marriage.  My last trip to Savanahket I forgot that they can do the multiple entry visa so I ended up with just a single Entry which I've already extended once at ChaengWatthana.  I don't want to do a border run and go back on a Tourist Visa because I'd like to stick it out and apply for residency and be done with this visa nonsense once and for all.  Is it possible under my current visa conditions to simply get a re-entry permit and just do a quick trip to Kanchanaburi or must I make the trek to Savanakhet again?

2.  Regarding Residency like I said having the 3 years of non-o has been difficult for a variety of reasons, but I have been mostly in country since 2010.  If I apply for residency will they consider the factors behind why I didn't have a Non-O at certain times?  e.g. uncooperative spouse in divorce, switching employers, returning home to visit sick family members... and give a pass if they like me?

Stays on a multiple entry non-o visa will not accepted for a permanent residency application. It has to be at least 3 consecutive years on extensions of stay issued by immigration.

You also have to be working with a work permit and paying taxes for the 3 years.

A re-entry permit for a 90 day permit to stay would only give you the remainder of the 90 days when you use it to enter the country. It does give you any additional days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Stays on a multiple entry non-o visa will not accepted for a permanent residency application. It has to be at least 3 consecutive years on extensions of stay issued by immigration.

Thanks for the information.  So to follow up, the last time I extended this current Non-O Visa The immigration officer said I could not extend it again. Is this correct?  Must I leave the country again?

31 minutes ago, Unwisemonkey said:

Thanks for the information.  So to follow up, the last time I extended this current Non-O Visa The immigration officer said I could not extend it again. Is this correct?  Must I leave the country again?

I assume you got a 60 day extension to visit your child and then went to Savannakhet for another non-o visa. You can extend your current 90 day entry for 60 days.

If you can meet the requirements for a one year extension based upon being the parent of a Thai you could apply for one.

1 hour ago, Unwisemonkey said:

1.   I am currently on a Non-O Visa on the basis of supporting a Thai citizen (my daughter) not marriage. 

It’s issued based on relationship (parent), not support. 

My last trip to Savanahket I forgot that they can do the multiple entry visa so I ended up with just a single Entry which I've already extended once at ChaengWatthana. 

They will only issue a SE visa to a parent. ME visas are only issued to spouses.

I don't want to do a border run and go back on a Tourist Visa because I'd like to stick it out and apply for residency and be done with this visa nonsense once and for all.  Is it possible under my current visa conditions to simply get a re-entry permit and just do a quick trip to Kanchanaburi or must I make the trek to Savanakhet again?

You need to extend your stay for 1 year or go back to Savannakhet for another SE Non O visa.

You can’t think about “residency” until you have extended your stay for at least 3 years,