Bt50m worth of fake goods confiscated in Saraburi

webfact

Bt50m worth of fake goods confiscated in Saraburi

By The Nation

800_3c94d9f91dbd7a8.jpg?v=1576744266

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) on Thursday (December 19) confiscated 150,000 pairs of fake brand glasses from a warehouse in Saraburi. 

The counterfeits were smuggled in from China and stored at the houseware for retail distribution nationwide. The impounded lots, worth a total of Bt50 million, mostly included glasses, hats, and buckles, said DSI official, adding that a sum of Bt300 million was also sieged. Representatives of the brands' right holders were present at the announcement. 

Thailand has been stepping up the crackdown on fake brand products as they have a direct impact on the Thai economy, DSI Director-General Paisit Wongmuang.

bbb5hacd5kidhegbcakk6.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379637

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-19

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has been stepping up the crackdown on fake brand products as they have a direct impact on the Thai economy

Yeah, sure. Someone that earns 10k a month will start buying originals for 40k and up. 

I think that the small shops will lose income.

I'm all for the selling of copies as it feeds families and creates alot of jobs. The little guy will never ever buy a gold rolex or a Gucci wallet, but he will buy a copy which pays the small shopkeeper so he can provide a living.

I don't give a hoot about intellectual property rights ... but that's just me.

More fakes  !!!   

On 12/20/2019 at 10:58 AM, steven100 said:

I'm all for the selling of copies as it feeds families and creates alot of jobs. The little guy will never ever buy a gold rolex or a Gucci wallet, but he will buy a copy which pays the small shopkeeper so he can provide a living.

I don't give a hoot about intellectual property rights ... but that's just me.

More fakes  !!!   

Many Thai markets were once adorned with fake items and openly displayed . Tourists were the biggest buyers and knew what they were buying , indeed part of the attraction to Thailand  .  I also use to buy golf shirts that were copies and good quality for around 100 baht but not available now ( unless you know better ),And there were watches , handbags , sunglasses etc   .

It is quite a conflict when it is alleged that there is common  corruption at all levels but is accepted as this is the way the country runs , yet the small guy is suppressed .  Thai  markets use to be interesting but not now as I cannot wait to get out of them when dragged around them by my Thai lady .

I wonder if its the same predicament in Cambodia or Laos ?

On 12/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, superal said:

Many Thai markets were once adorned with fake items and openly displayed . Tourists were the biggest buyers and knew what they were buying , indeed part of the attraction to Thailand  .  I also use to buy golf shirts that were copies and good quality for around 100 baht but not available now ( unless you know better ),And there were watches , handbags , sunglasses etc   .

It is quite a conflict when it is alleged that there is common  corruption at all levels but is accepted as this is the way the country runs , yet the small guy is suppressed .  Thai  markets use to be interesting but not now as I cannot wait to get out of them when dragged around them by my Thai lady .

I wonder if its the same predicament in Cambodia or Laos ?

just got back from Vietnam last night, spent 4 days there and visited the Ben Thein markets. Copy's copy copy as many as the eye can see …. can get the rolex for around 1200 bht. Tshirts, polo, bags ... you name it. It was ok to see, but once is enough, just 30 minutes done me. 

Archived