Multi entry v single entry

Hi, 

im renewing my retirement visa soon, at the moment I have a single entry visa. I’m thinking of going for a multi entry, as I go to the Uk twice a year. I was told that if I have a multi entry on return to Thailand I must go to the immigration within 24hrs. That is not the case with singe entry. 

Has anyone have any knowledge on this.

Thank you 

• Confused 1

Hi Ubonjoe,

I have a retirement extension of stay. I have a single entry. So when I leave Thailand I get a re entry permit before I leave. When I return they stamp it as used. But I never go to my local immigration office on return just the usual 90 day reporting. They never said that I should have.

8 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Hi Ubonjoe,

I have a retirement extension of stay. I have a single entry. So when I leave Thailand I get a re entry permit before I leave. When I return they stamp it as used. But I never go to my local immigration office on return just the usual 90 day reporting. They never said that I should have.

If you office does not want a report every time you enter the country then it would not matter whether you have a single or multiple re-entry permit.

• Like 1

The single or multiple entry document or visa, has nothing to do with a needed visit to your immigration office.

If they enforce that TM30 need to be done everytime you enter the country, then you must do it. If not, then you are one of the happy ones that not need to visit them everytime you enter the country.

As already said, it has nothing to do with you visa or re-entry permit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Agree.  If your Immigration Office is Chonburi (Pattaya), they do not require TM.30 reporting IF you are returning to the same previously reported address.  

What Jomtien told me was any overseas trip needs you to file a new TM 30. Out of province trips they said are not necessary. Maybe things have changed in the last 4 weeks ? Just passing on what I was told. Multi or single exit permits should not have a bearing on it.

4 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

What Jomtien told me was any overseas trip needs you to file a new TM 30. Out of province trips they said are not necessary. Maybe things have changed in the last 4 weeks ? Just passing on what I was told. Multi or single exit permits should not have a bearing on it.

When did they tell you?   When they first started enforcing the TM.30 rule, they were inundated with folks and had long queues.  They then changed their policy to say if you were returning to the same residence previously reported, it was not necessary. They continued to follow this policy until a couple months ago when they went back to saying it had to be filed even if returning to same address. 

However, based on several recent reports to the Pattaya City Expats Club, the members reported that they were again told no need to file TM.30 if returning to the same address.

In the case of trips within Thailand, they have always said no need to report on TM.30 unless changing your address.

Thanks for that, I’m reporting to Roi Et immigration office. They’ve never mentioned reporting on return, never knew I had to. I’m moving to Rayong soon, I’ll ask what they want me to do, probably go for the multi if the same rule applies to both, single and multi.

Hi, 

I thought I could renew my retirement extension of stay. Because at the Roi Et immigration, the last time I reported in that the next time I could re apply / renew, for another 12 month extension. 

This is a clear example of someone getting totally confused. I will try to clarify from the mess. (1) I believe you are on a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement with a permission to stay for 1 year. It is not a visa. (2) During this 1 year permission to stay if you leave Thailand you can get a single 1000 baht or a multiple 3,800 baht re entry permit to keep your permission to stay date. If you do not get a re entry permit you will lose your permission to stay and you will only get 30 days visa exempt on your return. (3) If you get a re entry permit then on your return you may depending on your office have to report that you have returned on a TM30 form. (4) After 1 year your 1 year extension of stay will expire and you will have to visit your office to renew. Note your then applying for a new extension of stay, your are not renewing your visa. Try to get into the habit of using correct terminology and you will get accurate advice.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...