Where to buy Books in Spanish in Pattaya

SmokedSalmon

5 minutes ago, SmokedSalmon said:

Thanks, Sid and Matzzon.

I live in a neighboring country and will be visiting Thailand for a week. 

I'll check out both of these options.

Thanks.

If you have problem getting books in your neighbouring country, then I will be pretty sure that Dasa Book Cafe will agree to send to that country if you agree to pay for the delivery and books in advance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, donnacha said:

I would absolutely not recommend trying to read from a phone or tablet screen. A good E-ink screen allows you to read faster and with less eye-strain, enabling you to lose yourself in what you are reading. 

Although I agree with your endorsement on e-readers, using a modern phone for this purpose has come a long way. My current phone with around a 6" screen works great with the Kindle app, and eyestrain is significantly reduced reading in night mode (white text on black). Sepia and other options are available - agree a backlit kindle is better, but my recent experience with reading on a phone has been good. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SmokedSalmon said:

Thanks, I'll look into that. 

I think Dasa books has a foreign language selection on the top floor. Some good used bookshops are still around in the Khaosan area, often with a few shelves of books in other languages.

In Pattaya you could try Canterbury Tales in Soi Chayaphum, if they don't have anything they might point you in the right direction. 

Donacha,

Thanks for the info on the Kindle - about being able to highlight. I'll try that.

I have a Kindle but I'm learning Spanish (B2 level) and underlining certain grammatical constructions with a pencil and new vocab helps me a lot more than when I was reading Spanish books on my Kindle.

I'll try Kindle and highlighting.

Thanks for your informative post!

Much appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I think Dasa books has a foreign language selection on the top floor. Some good used bookshops are still around in the Khaosan area, often with a few shelves of books in other languages.

In Pattaya you could try Canterbury Tales in Soi Chayaphum, if they don't have anything they might point you in the right direction. 

Thanks, lamyai3.