New Luxury Tax On Internet Usage In Thailand

george

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No fool like an April Foole

I don't believe it. This is what i get for getting ratted last night and waking up with a hangover lol.

Well done I must remember from now on don't access this site whilst still under the influence and not remembering what ruddy day it is rofl

Sorry to say I fell for it!! But with all the other things happening here it seemed so believable, till I read the bit about the dongle being available at all 7-11 stores today. I thought "Whow, that must have taken some organising" Then I realised! Thailand and organisation just do not go together! That's when I realised the joke.

Chris

Thailand is surely heading into the world of keeping thier eyes on everyone these days

I have just had this website from BKK telling us all we can now tract peoples mobile phones and thier LOCATION

please visit and enter the number you want to find

http://www.sat-gps-locate.com/

I am told this service works best in the Chonburi area and very close to Pattaya Nana Plaza etc

HAve a nice day

Malachy

Thailand is surely heading into the world of keeping thier eyes on everyone these days

I have just had this website from BKK telling us all we can now tract peoples mobile phones and thier LOCATION

I am told this service works best in the Chonburi area and very close to Pattaya Nana Plaza etc

HAve a nice day

Malachy

Hmmmm :D

I have just tried out the Mobile Tracker. I was truly amazed as my Girlfriend's Mobile number was traked :o . As the arial view zoomed in, I went into a sheer happy mood of delight. :D Then, lo and behold, when the map really moved i, I saw her sat on a sundbed kissing her new boyfriend :D

Well done. Nice April Fool's Day Joke

HAve a nice day

Malachy

I caught onto ole' George, the OP, right away. Smug. :D

But you snared me, Howmal! Excellent! :o:D

I already had two friends call me up in a panic this morning. They had already called True, the Bangkok Post, and visited their local 7-11. I guess they are not the sharpest pencils in the drawer!

Edited by popshirt

Well done George!

You are now Uk famous!

I re-edited a little and sent it to some of my Open University student friends in the UK earlier this morning.

They are emailing me back as I type. Some replying........

'What the 'eck?' I just spent ages trying to convince my ISP that the Internet ends at Midnight UK time, if they do not supply me with a Dongle by teatime' . :o

Well done George, that had me fooled during the night . I was half asleep.

Nice one George, but you spoilt in by mentioning a Dongle connected to a serial port.

Notebooks have not had a serial port for many a long year.

Now a USB dongle might have worked............... 555 :o

The give away was that they were bringing this in with immediate effect (plausable)

But that the dongles were available from tonight too. (Utterly utterly implausable)

My jaw hit the ground til i read that. There is no way they could be THAT organised !

I am shocked, simply shocked to discover that those feeding at the government trough can sanction the level of injustice and intolerance inherent in a dongle tax. It is rapid xenophobia of the highest order. To cut off your internet connections anywhere in the world you happen to be just because you haven't had a valid Thai non-immigration visa anytime in the last six years or because one of your ex-mia nois files a complaint about the mail's mix up with her monthly remittance and / or the size of your dongle and her access to it - or her freedom of access to others... hmmmm... where was I... oh yes, this is nothing less than a blatant dangling dongle envy tax and an attempt by a nearly non-developing nation desirous of gaining respect on the world stage to leverage modern technology to hurdle the UN to establish a One World Tax and Sex Control Order. The remembrance of the establishment of this shocking injustice against humanity has been seared, seared, I say, into my mind for all time. Now and for evermore, whenever I think again of this day and of my former travels here in Khmpuchea, I will do so with a pang, a heart retching pang, I say, in my wallet for the tax free innocence that was.

... good one, George :o

You almost fooled me

I heard there was a discount being negotiated for Thai visa members as it is judged to be providing an expat / tourist information service that benefits the TAT and the administration ?????????

:D:o

:o:D :D :D

Great one george a refreshing break from regular stuff that we get to read now a days. Boy for a moment, I was using all the *@$#^ words I could think of and ... well it did fool me first and then realized it was all fools day today.

:D

Thanks for the laughs george.

are there any videos out there with peoples really requesting this dongles in 7/11 ?? LOL

sorry no video, but real time report

I just was at 7/11 when someone asked for a dongle and heared the cashier saying : Phuket no dongle, only in Bangkok (I guess this was the easiest way for her to avoid telling him that she does not know what it is)

I told her what it is and she said "joke no good, all day people comming and ask for dongle

regards

silk

My wife had a lot of problems trying to work out why I needed a needed a new dongle when she was more than happy with the standard dongle as supplied - and at the price she turned it down out of hand saying the dongle you have is more than adequate and beats any new dingle dongle every time.

are there any videos out there with peoples really requesting this dongles in 7/11 ?? LOL

I just was at 7/11 when someone asked for a dongle and heared the cashier saying : Phuket no dongle, only in Bangkok (I guess this was the easiest way for her to avoid telling him that she does not know what it is)

I told her what it is and she said "joke no good, all day people comming and ask for dongle

regards

silk

You think Phuket has it bad?

Have you seen the queues outside Big C in Pattaya ? :o

Someone emailed saying that someone in Bangkok sold a load of Dongles to Bangkok Taxi Drivers to sell on to 7/11 shops in Pattaya.

Please go back to your local 7/11 and advise then that Dongle on way. No jok. :D

We as falangs got keep lady in 7/11 shop happy

:D

All joking aside ,there can in my opinion be no commercial reason for a tax like this so why would this tax help to upgrade the system ,any business plan for up grading the service could not be made on this sort of tax .The guy that says he has to put up his internet cafe prices by 300% is a thief, as,his prices will only need to rise by a small amount to cover the extra cost of his (usually 1) connection that is serving 6 or more machines

regards

silk

Yeah, yeah, and I saw Santa Claus shagging Superman.

:o I really don't understand this "New Luxury tax on internet usage in Thailand"

Just received a PM from Administration telling me that all Thaivisa Members who haven't actually been in Thailand since January 1, 2007 will be disconnected as from tonight because of the high costs involved. Just members & posters living in Thailand or very frequent visitors are allowed to stay 'onboard' with Thaivisa.... :D That's utter nonsense!

I haven't been in LOS since some 5 months ago, but I feel discriminated now !

Why on earth would I be disconnected from Thaivisa?

Anybody else received this message ? :D

I'm real angry now ! :D

LaoPo

My wife had a lot of problems trying to work out why I needed a needed a new dongle when she was more than happy with the standard dongle as supplied - and at the price she turned it down out of hand saying the dongle you have is more than adequate and beats any new dingle dongle every time.

:D :D

Well Put! :o

You absolute bugger! :o

The wife and I are currebtly going through our 5 year preamble to our early retirement in LOS with buying up land and building house etc.....within the space of 10 minutes I had had a complete change of heart this AM whilst reading this post.

Hook line and sinker I'm afraid. Good shot! Haven't been had like that for years.

It has made my day though to suddenly realise that it is not all doom and gloom.

I should have realised that the sort of logisics and organisation required to impose such a swift and complete lockdown requires efficiency rarely witnessed in Western Europe....let alone SEA.

Blimey!